Tam's Story!! :)

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey Tam,

Do you have any "before" pictures? It's so hard to imagine you 108 pounds heavier then you are in your current pictures!!
    Hey, I bumped the photo progression post in the general boards I had posted awhile ago! :)
  • TamTastic
    your story did boost m up as wel.....how many cals do u eat per day.and what all exercises do u do

Well, right now, on non-gym days, I eat around 1400 cals. (That is Mon, Wed and Fri).

On gym days (Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun), I have worked up to burning around 1000-1100 cals each time, and I will eat at LEAST 1800-1900 cals on those days. Sometimes more.

Keep going girl!!!! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    UPDATE!!!

I have now lost 109.5 lbs! (It rounded it up to 110 on my ticker!! hehe)...........

WOOT WOOT!

*Happy Dance*
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    I just noticed your ticker on the , ummm, gassy post, and thought WOW!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME TAM! :flowerforyou:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    congrats!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Congrats

Just in time for your first anniversary of your new lifestyle.

110 lbs. Holy Moly - That's how much my best friend weighs!!

You have lost a whole person Tami!!
  • TamTastic
    Congrats

Just in time for your first anniversary of your new lifestyle.

110 lbs. Holy Moly - That's how much my best friend weighs!!

You have lost a whole person Tami!!
    LOL! Thanks! I know....I think of an entire person off my body! Man, I can't believe I carried that around! I should try giving a piggy back to a friend that weighs that much just to get an idea!! :laugh:

Yeah, my 1 year healthy lifestyle anniversary is this Saturday, the 6th!! WOO!!!!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Hey Tam,

Do you have any "before" pictures? It's so hard to imagine you 108 pounds heavier then you are in your current pictures!!
    Hey, I bumped the photo progression post in the general boards I had posted awhile ago! :)

Could you bump it again sweetie? I can't find it and I too cannot believe you've lost an entire person!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member

Anyway, the key is not letting that one mistake completely derail you. It's not ONE meal that made you overweight. It's learning to not let that meal take over your life and lead you to unhealthier ways.

I love this comment. It's not one meal, it's one month of meals, or one year of meals or one lifetime of meals that put us where we are today. I'm a firm believer that if you deny a craving it will just get worse and worse. Moderation of course is the key, but it's good to indulge every once in a while.

Thank you for your story Tami!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Wow, Tami, reading your story just gave me the little "kick in the pants" that I needed. It can be done!
    I don't know you but I am proud of you. I cannot imagine the strength of will needed to lose that amount of weight. Kinda makes the 20 lbs. I have left to lose look "puny" by comparison...but I WILL do it!

You are an inspiration to a lot of people. Rock on!:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Bump for Arewethereyet! :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    This post is a good one to review when one is feeling like eating a donut or skipping a workout (who me??? never.....) :wink:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Great inspiring story sweetie and aim to be an 80 year old marathoner!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    This post is a good one to review when one is feeling like eating a donut or skipping a workout (who me??? never.....) :wink:
    LOL! You are too funny! Glad I can help you guys keep on, keepin on!!
  • TamTastic
    Great inspiring story sweetie and aim to be an 80 year old marathoner!!!!!
    Thanks!! :smile:

Hellz yes!! I am going to be rockin!!!! :happy: :laugh:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    thanks for sharing Tami, you are such an inspiration

well done :flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    You're such an inspiration.
    You are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. :flowerforyou:

Keep rockin'!!!!!!!!
    :drinker:
  • Thanks for sharing, sounds like you have the right idea!

I'm also Tami :happy:
  • TamTastic
    Bumping for some newbies.

Obviously I am down more now........128 to be exact and am about 7 lbs away from my goal.

All I can add is that it took me 34 years ( and yo-yo dieting through my 20's) to get to the point that I am at now. Those failed attempts helped to educate me and helped to instill in me the understanding that this HAS to be done a certain way. The slow, healthy, lifestyle changing way, to work for good. I used to pretend that wasn't the way. That I could lose weight with starving or diet pills and be fine. But it just won't work for long term. I still pray every single day that I will continue to have the will to not only keep going to reach my goal but also to keep the weight off.

Work on changing your relationship with food. That will be the biggest tool in your success.

Take care guys!!

-Tami
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I was going to skip my workout until I read all the posts in this thread. You are an inspiration to me and so many others here. Awesome job! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!