I am Canadian.

Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canucks
The stuff in brackets I wrote LOL

-If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Canada . (our's opens in May and closes Sept)

-If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Canada . (This happens at many stores! In fact, I've helped customers and didn't work there) lol

-If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Canada. (Well, hubby's done it! LOL)

-If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Canada. (I have done this before!)

-If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Muncie for the weekend, you may live in Canada.

-If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Canada. (hahaha, takes 20 mins to get to Tim Hortons)

-If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Canada. (Many! Including but not limited to, my aunt, my brother, my friend, etc!)

-If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in Canada. (hehe)

-If you can drive 90 kms/hr through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Canada. (Well, not me...but hubby! lol)

-If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Canada. (LOL)

-If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Canada. (Not this one so much LOL)

-If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Canada. (Haven't had to do this yet!)

-If the speed limit on the highway is 80km -- you're going 90 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada. (Oh heck yeah!)

-If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Canada. (Yep! LOL)

-If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live in Canada. (*dies*)

-If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Canada .

-If you find 2 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Canada. (ahaha)

-If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Canadian friends & others, you definitely live in Canada!

:laugh:

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canucks
    The stuff in brackets I wrote LOL

-If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Canada . (our's opens in May and closes Sept)

-If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Canada . (This happens at many stores! In fact, I've helped customers and didn't work there) lol

-If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Canada. (Well, hubby's done it! LOL)

-If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Canada. (I have done this before!)

-If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Muncie for the weekend, you may live in Canada.

-If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Canada. (hahaha, takes 20 mins to get to Tim Hortons)

-If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Canada. (Many! Including but not limited to, my aunt, my brother, my friend, etc!)

-If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in Canada. (hehe)

-If you can drive 90 kms/hr through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Canada. (Well, not me...but hubby! lol)

-If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Canada. (LOL)

-If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Canada. (Not this one so much LOL)

-If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Canada. (Haven't had to do this yet!)

-If the speed limit on the highway is 80km -- you're going 90 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada. (Oh heck yeah!)

-If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Canada. (Yep! LOL)

-If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live in Canada. (*dies*)

-If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Canada .

-If you find 2 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Canada. (ahaha)

-If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Canadian friends & others, you definitely live in Canada!

:laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Amen! lol
    I think every halloween costume I ever had fit over my snowsuit! :tongue:
  • question about the deer hittin thing.
    was it the same deer more than once too??
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The Dairy Queen in Sydney River is open year round but where I live, The Tasty Treat closes Oct-May! We have a ton of tourist traffic around here, To visit my Mom this time of year takes two hours to get to her house on 'the trail' . May-Oct, seriously there was one weekend that took us 4hrs!
  • GinaB30
    question about the deer hittin thing.
    was it the same deer more than once too??

LOL nope- usually when you hit a deer they are pretty much toast, poor buggers!
    Thankfully the TWO my brother hit (it was at the same time) just rolled over the hood and then got up and ran away!! lol
  • GinaB30
    LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The Dairy Queen in Sydney River is open year round but where I live, The Tasty Treat closes Oct-May! We have a ton of tourist traffic around here, To visit my Mom this time of year takes two hours to get to her house on 'the trail' . May-Oct, seriously there was one weekend that took us 4hrs!

Yeah same here, the ACTUAL Dairy Queen in a town close to hear is a year 'round thing, but the farmer's dairy treat is only open a few months out of the year...thank goodness though or I'd be even bigger! LOL!
  • Ainsley
    Ainsley Posts: 20
    haha so true!! Thanks for the laugh!

~A fellow Canuck :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :laugh: I think some of those could fit in a few places I have lived:bigsmile: