NEW & EXCITED!

hey everyone,
i just got back from the gym and one of my friends told me about this website.
i created a profile & a goal and im super excited to start! (tomorrow that is) cause it's a little to late now, & i wasn't sure of the nutrition facts for the foods i ate today!

well, i just want to say good luck to everyone
STAY STRONG :)

take care,
kayla.:laugh:

Replies

• hey everyone,
    i just got back from the gym and one of my friends told me about this website.
    i created a profile & a goal and im super excited to start! (tomorrow that is) cause it's a little to late now, & i wasn't sure of the nutrition facts for the foods i ate today!

well, i just want to say good luck to everyone
    STAY STRONG :)

take care,
    kayla.:laugh:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Good luck Kayla:flowerforyou:
    We are glad to have you join our ranks.
  • Good luck Kayla:flowerforyou:
    We are glad to have you join our ranks.

thanks i appreciate it.
    so how long have you been on here?
    any feedback//advice?
  • Eve23
    I have been here since Aug.

I have lost 35 lbs. Currently on a plateau.

My best advice would be to keep an open mind about new things. Nearly every day I come read posts and learn something new. It is not always easy to stay motivated but if you can keep your attitude positive and supportive not just for yourself but for others, regardless of how you are feeling it helps get you through the times when it isn't easy.

My personal advice is to stay away from packaged foods as much as possible as well as sugar. I do use sugar over artificial sweetners though just in moderation. Artificial sweetners just have to many side affects. Learn to love fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins. They will keep you satisfied and before you know it you will actually look forward to them if you don't already.

Enjoy the friendships you make and listen to what your body is telling you.
  • Welcome to the forum!

And I agree completely with Eve, its so important to listen to your body, everyone works differently and it knows if it needs something different.
  • I have been here since Aug.

I have lost 35 lbs. Currently on a plateau.

My best advice would be to keep an open mind about new things. Nearly every day I come read posts and learn something new. It is not always easy to stay motivated but if you can keep your attitude positive and supportive not just for yourself but for others, regardless of how you are feeling it helps get you through the times when it isn't easy.

My personal advice is to stay away from packaged foods as much as possible as well as sugar. I do use sugar over artificial sweetners though just in moderation. Artificial sweetners just have to many side affects. Learn to love fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins. They will keep you satisfied and before you know it you will actually look forward to them if you don't already.

Enjoy the friendships you make and listen to what your body is telling you.

aw thank you very much.
    however, since i am new to this
    what kind of foods do you recommend.
    like im not sure what foods have realllly good protien n all that jazz :P
    im just a college student, so my choices are limited.
    especilaly with a meal plan!

and yeah i hope to keep it positive that's the best side effect to working out.
    im always so optimistic afterwards PLUS i have strong will power.
    i've quit soda for 3 years and counting :)

and also congrats to you! that's awesome keep up the good work!

in the past 3 years i've lost a total of about close to 80 lbs.
    was a size 20 im now a size 13 :P but still working to get smaller :)
  • thank you so much , both of you... really!
  • Eve23
    Look in the posts. I know that there was a recent one on staple foods that many of us are eating. That will help because it will give you more variety than just me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3732-what-are-your-staple-foods

Tuna is good in protein. I like chicken too.

I like to eat a cooked yam with an apple and nuts on top. It makes a filling lunch that isn't to expensive or difficult.

I also like split pea soup. Very hi in fiber and filling. You can make it ahead of time and heat it up later.

Another one I like to have on hand are lentils. I boil some and add it to some cooked rice with lettuce and salsa and avocado and a little cheese. Tasty:tongue:

Try couscous and other foods like that. You might be surprised:flowerforyou:
  • wow i haven't heard of like half of this stuff.
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE TUNA though :)
    haha

but thank you very much for all your help, super appreciate it.
    & keep on strong!

take care :tongue:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Quinoa is very yummy and good for you...

you cook it like rice...

1c of quinoa
    2c of water
    1 boullion cube

bring water to boil add quinoa return to ab boil then bring down to a simmer until fully cooked.

in a bowl add cucumbers, peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes (cut).....

when quinoa is done let cool...then mix all ingredients...add 2 tblson of italian dressing and feta cheese....I do not have the calorie intake need to look it up but it is healthy and yummy.

dd