Hiya

Hello, my name is Barry, I am 33 years old and over weight. My current weight is 275lbs I am 5' 11". I have four kids and I am here to lose weight so that I can be here later to see them grow up as well as any possible grandkids. I have been married for seven years now and have gained my weight mostly through that time period. My doctor has recommend the South Beach diet so I have bought a book and started reading it. I find the biggest obstacle is getting to the gym and working out. I thought that dieting would be harder but I’m ok as long as I don't eat dinner with my family who isn't on the diet. That is a tough on. My wife thought about getting on the South Beach diet but she thinks it would be too hard for her to do. Im hoping to lose weight also to increase the quality of my life. We shall see. Thanks for lending me your ear. and good luck to you on your personal quest.

Replies

• Hello, my name is Barry, I am 33 years old and over weight. My current weight is 275lbs I am 5' 11". I have four kids and I am here to lose weight so that I can be here later to see them grow up as well as any possible grandkids. I have been married for seven years now and have gained my weight mostly through that time period. My doctor has recommend the South Beach diet so I have bought a book and started reading it. I find the biggest obstacle is getting to the gym and working out. I thought that dieting would be harder but I’m ok as long as I don't eat dinner with my family who isn't on the diet. That is a tough on. My wife thought about getting on the South Beach diet but she thinks it would be too hard for her to do. Im hoping to lose weight also to increase the quality of my life. We shall see. Thanks for lending me your ear. and good luck to you on your personal quest.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Barry it is great to have you with us.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    good luck and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome Barry! :flowerforyou: Good luck on your journey!
  • Welcome Barry - Hope you reach your goals ... Best wishes :flowerforyou: