Breaking through the Wall

Options
I guess by joing this forum, I realize that I am serious. I did very well and lost 20 pounds, but now I go up and down. I still have 20 more to go. I am the diva queen of excuses. House to small. To hot outside. Hate to exercise around anyone, so the gym is out. Thyroid causing the problem. Recent surgery, so thats another excuse. You name it, I have said it.

I lost my first 20 pounds with the no sugar no flour diet. It's very healthy but I have strayed, and I am fighting to get back on the wagon. I have just started the Leslie Sansome walking exercises. Boy are my legs out of shape. Just to think that I used to LOVE exercise many moons ago!

I am so fed up with myself, so I need to generate this feeling in a positive way. I will need lots of support!

Replies

• parislady40
    Options
    I guess by joing this forum, I realize that I am serious. I did very well and lost 20 pounds, but now I go up and down. I still have 20 more to go. I am the diva queen of excuses. House to small. To hot outside. Hate to exercise around anyone, so the gym is out. Thyroid causing the problem. Recent surgery, so thats another excuse. You name it, I have said it.

I lost my first 20 pounds with the no sugar no flour diet. It's very healthy but I have strayed, and I am fighting to get back on the wagon. I have just started the Leslie Sansome walking exercises. Boy are my legs out of shape. Just to think that I used to LOVE exercise many moons ago!

I am so fed up with myself, so I need to generate this feeling in a positive way. I will need lots of support!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome & best wishes to you on your journey to a healthier you!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Welcome ParisLady40,

I know exactly what you mean, I had a horrible time to get myself motivated...once I joined here and started to get to know other members you really start feeling motivated, like wanting to share your success as well.

Take it a day at a time and give it your best, little steps get you there ... Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    House to small. check
    To hot outside. check
    Hate to exercise around anyone, so the gym is out. check
    Thyroid causing the problem. check
    Recent surgery, so thats another excuse. check
    check You name it, I have said it. and check

You are NOT alone. You are me and I am you! This web site has been a godsend to me. Had a foot procedure a week ago and had not done any cardio for the week. I hopped on here to post my food and picked up a thread about exercise. BAM! i realized I had to get back on track. TODAY was the day to start. RIGHT NOW! no excuses.

So I just finished up 30 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes dancing. 3 sets of 10 push ups/

Cant wait to see your progress. dont forget to set up your TICKER. I did mine with the first few pounds I did on my own cuz I needed to see them for encouragement.

0002011E.gif
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    :wink: welcome