When will I get it???

I did great last week......that is until Saturday. Well Friday, but Friday is my actual cheat day so I'm not gonna go feeling bad about that. Saturday I did ok until supper, we got takeout and then shared a dessert with my husband. That wasn't too bad (I usually have my own, but we split it this time). Then had to munch on a bag of chips while watching a movie. So not horrific, but Sunday....again alright til supper then it just went downhill. This morning started out real bad, foodwise (I'm ashamed to say I actually ate cookies for breakfast, and a couple for a snack as well).

This is not rocket science!!!!! So how come I'm eating like crap?? Well, for the rest of this week my goal is not to snack on junk food, (Saturday will be my cheat day this week) scratch that, I'm no longer having a cheat day, but a cheat treat. So other than a cheat treat on Saturday, my goal is not to pig out this week. And to do an hour of cardio a day, whether it's a walk or a video, or just being crazy, dancing around my house. Simple goal right? We'll see.

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I did great last week......that is until Saturday. Well Friday, but Friday is my actual cheat day so I'm not gonna go feeling bad about that. Saturday I did ok until supper, we got takeout and then shared a dessert with my husband. That wasn't too bad (I usually have my own, but we split it this time). Then had to munch on a bag of chips while watching a movie. So not horrific, but Sunday....again alright til supper then it just went downhill. This morning started out real bad, foodwise (I'm ashamed to say I actually ate cookies for breakfast, and a couple for a snack as well).

This is not rocket science!!!!! So how come I'm eating like crap?? Well, for the rest of this week my goal is not to snack on junk food, (Saturday will be my cheat day this week) scratch that, I'm no longer having a cheat day, but a cheat treat. So other than a cheat treat on Saturday, my goal is not to pig out this week. And to do an hour of cardio a day, whether it's a walk or a video, or just being crazy, dancing around my house. Simple goal right? We'll see.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Pssst.... sweetie..... far be it from me to say this, but despite the fact that you think you're not doing well foodwise, 14 lbs have disappeared, so you must be doing something at least half right. Let up on yourself a little!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    It all starts with small steps. So you ate cookies for breakfast, just don't have ice cream for supper. It really is a matter of making little changes one at a time. Before you probably ate bad most of the time, now you might only eat bad half of the time. Eventually it will be eating bad occationally. It takes time.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    It all comes down to choices... you choose what goes into your mouth and what doesn't.
  • It all comes down to choices... you choose what goes into your mouth and what doesn't.

Sometimes I feel like I don't have a choice and that I HAVE to eat it.:noway: It's ridiculous! I can be very ridiculous when I let food control me. I'm trying to eat to live and not live to eat. Baby steps:flowerforyou:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    You will get it - It is so hard to let go of the old habits. Just remember when you start eating something bad what it will do to you in the long run- thats what I do and acctually started hating the junk food - not the taste of it mind you but the fact that it exsists and now I find myself more in control when it comes to sugar- now if I can master the hubbys urge to bring it home.......:laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's hard to change habits. Try to concentrate on what you do right and cause that to grow rather than beating yourself up for stumbling. It's like an infant learning to walk. They fall more than they stand, but you praise them loudly for the 2 steps they made.