Homemade Lunch Wrap

kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
I made this for lunch today and it was good. Thought I would share. It's really simple. I used the following but you can definetely choose whatever you want to add.

1 low carb whole wheat tortilla
1 medium roma tomato sliced
a handful of fresh spinach leaves
1-2 TBSP fat free plain cream cheese
5 slices dried beef lunch meat
some thinly sliced cucumber
a dash of salt and pepper

I just spread the cream cheese on the tortilla, layer the meat, spinach, cucumber and tomato, then sprinkled lightly with salt and pepper. The calories completely depend on what you use and add. My tortilla was 80 calories, the lunch meat was 10 calories per slice. It all depends on what you use. But it filled me up (I ate it with baby carrots on the side). Very yummy! I bet it would be good with fat free veggie cream cheese too!

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    I made this for lunch today and it was good. Thought I would share. It's really simple. I used the following but you can definetely choose whatever you want to add.

1 low carb whole wheat tortilla
    1 medium roma tomato sliced
    a handful of fresh spinach leaves
    1-2 TBSP fat free plain cream cheese
    5 slices dried beef lunch meat
    some thinly sliced cucumber
    a dash of salt and pepper

I just spread the cream cheese on the tortilla, layer the meat, spinach, cucumber and tomato, then sprinkled lightly with salt and pepper. The calories completely depend on what you use and add. My tortilla was 80 calories, the lunch meat was 10 calories per slice. It all depends on what you use. But it filled me up (I ate it with baby carrots on the side). Very yummy! I bet it would be good with fat free veggie cream cheese too!

*Kistinbee*
  • ummm I will try this soon.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Sounds good, you could even try different flavours of light cream cheese to give it a spin.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Yumm I also use plain yogurt on my wraps.

Love cream cheese just don't have it in the house very often.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    What is the sodium count on that? I thought dried beef was super salty. It really sounds delicious, I just want to be able to keep my sodium count down.........:sad:
  • kistinbee
    79 mg per slice (it's Carl Redding). You could always use turkey or any other lunch meat. I'm just picky on my lunch meat and LOVE dried beef so allow myself to have it every once and a while. You could also just load up on veggies...put some red and green pepper slices, sprouts, shredded carrots. You could also add some fat free shredded cheese. My recipe is really just for example...you should add the things that you love!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*