Driver License weight

2»

Replies

• pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Well this is a crock. I just thought they stuck it on there in every state. Now I'm pissed. Illinoise seems to be the only other state that makes you do it.:huh:

I think its so if you become a hardened criminal, they know what weight to put on your wanted posted:noway:

I'm pretty sure my weight was on my Indiana state license -- I always fudged that a bit ;) I just went and checked my Alberta Canada license... the weight isn't listed that I saw at a quick glance, but I do remember the registry person asking my weight when we went in to renew mine over the summer when I changed my name due to marriage. But I don't see it listed on the license. Strange!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Congrats! That will feel so good to see the new weight on your licence!!

Maine requires you to state your weight, as well. I guess I'm just too honest because my licence weight has always been accurate-at the time. Right now it's about 10 pounds less than what I actually weight. But as someone else said, that was 2 babies ago! My first licence (which I kept for memorabilia) says 117 lbs. THAT will be the day...but I don't think I'd want to weight that little again. That's adolescent, stick person weight!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Cripes! That's outrageous, thank goodness we don't have to inform the DVLA of our weight in the UK!
    I'd sooner go without :laugh:

Im with you cyber.....takin' da bus....

00020146.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Oh yeah and the picture on my license was taken when I was 32 yrs old....I am forty..uh um...seven.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I lied the last time I renewed my license. Now I weigh less than the false weight. I wonder if I can renew it again even though it doesn't expire until 2011. :bigsmile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Oh yeah and the picture on my license was taken when I was 32 yrs old....I am forty..uh um...seven.

Wow. I can't beleive you're 47. I would have never quessed it. From your pictures I would have placed you at least 10 years under that.
  • racie3
    racie3 Posts: 10
    Wow! I decided to check mine (Colorado) and I'm 50 pounds heavier! :noway: Of course, I'm sure I didn't disclose the actual number back in 2002 either. But I think it was close. I've got 4 years until renewal, so I KNOW it will be much better by then! I think I carry the weight better now too, but that might be the denial talking..... :bigsmile: Thanks for the interesting topic!
  • Well this is a crock. I just thought they stuck it on there in every state. Now I'm pissed. Illinoise seems to be the only other state that makes you do it.:huh:

I think its so if you become a hardened criminal, they know what weight to put on your wanted posted:noway:

Ohio does too! I was really pleased when I moved to PA and didn't have to (despite the fact that I actually weighed less than what was on my original license!)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    VA doesn't ask either, darn it, now that I'm close to not being ashamed to tell my real weight, too!
  • LOL I have the same weight on my drivers license as when I got it at age 16 and I am 40 now. They never ask to update it so I never offer the information. LOL

95175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • Well this is a crock. I just thought they stuck it on there in every state. Now I'm pissed. Illinoise seems to be the only other state that makes you do it.:huh:

I'm pretty sure my weight was on my Indiana state license -- I always fudged that a bit ;) I just went and checked my Alberta Canada license... the weight isn't listed that I saw at a quick glance, but I do remember the registry person asking my weight when we went in to renew mine over the summer when I changed my name due to marriage. But I don't see it listed on the license. Strange!

Check the back of the Alberta license and you will see it...:smile:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Well this is a crock. I just thought they stuck it on there in every state. Now I'm pissed. Illinoise seems to be the only other state that makes you do it.:huh:

Check the back of the Alberta license and you will see it...:smile:

ugh!! When I pulled out my wallet I didn't actually take the card out of the little window thingy to check the back -- I didn't see it on the front so I thought I was safe! haha, I guess if it's on the back it's better than being on the front since most people who need to see your ID for anything will be really scrutinizing the front and maybe just flip it over quick to make sure it's got the proper strip on the back or whatever.

The good news?
    I'm only 5lbs off of the weight I said on my license, though! The funniest part (for me) is that the weight is in kg! Being an American, that number doesn't look scary at all to me because I don't know what it is! LOL. I showed my husband (who is Canadian) and he said it's weird because he doesn't know anyone that does their weight in kg, even here. He said he doesn't even know what his weight is in kg, only pounds! I think I like my Alberta license better than my old Indiana one ;) hehehe

59 kg looks a lot less frightening than 130 lbs, LOL :heart:
  • My DL weight is my goal. It's what I actually weighed when I was 16. Never changed it. Now I'm 31! Hopefully I'll get back to DL weight by early next year! (Then I'll have to go back for a new photo.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!