stay away from bruegger's bagels!!!

i stopped at bruegger's bagels on my way into work this morning and grabbed an "as-is" whole wheat bagel - obviously thinking it was the wisest choice of all offered. boy, was i WRONG!!! i looked up the nutritional information for said bagel to fill in my food log and found that i had just consumed 390 empty calories and 6 grams of fat (not to mention 70+ grams of mostly-bad carbs)!!! needless to say, no more bagels from there (or any of those commercial bakeries!) from now on... hope this helps everyone make healthier choices when "on the go"!

Replies

• i stopped at bruegger's bagels on my way into work this morning and grabbed an "as-is" whole wheat bagel - obviously thinking it was the wisest choice of all offered. boy, was i WRONG!!! i looked up the nutritional information for said bagel to fill in my food log and found that i had just consumed 390 empty calories and 6 grams of fat (not to mention 70+ grams of mostly-bad carbs)!!! needless to say, no more bagels from there (or any of those commercial bakeries!) from now on... hope this helps everyone make healthier choices when "on the go"!
  • jazzsynger
    jazzsynger Posts: 12 Member
    or eat half of one...
    the fiber content is probably high if it's whole wheat.
    I agree, bagels are one of those deceiving choices...especially if they're huge (the american way, huh?)
  • bagels are one of those deceiving choices...especially if they're huge (the american way, huh?)

I think size must be the key... I'm from the UK and the bagels we get here (from the supermarket eg New York Bagel Co or supermarket own brand ones) are all around 220 cals each!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I posted something like this on Saturday but I went to Dunkin Donuts. I was shocked as well!