Things we have learned along the way......

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
1. Drink lots of water.

2. Ask for a to go box when you order your meal in a restaraunt., put 1/2 of it in the box before you start eating. This excites my DH as he will be the one finishing it later!

3. Dont be afraid to ask the server what is in the food you are ordering, it is their job.

4. Look up the food you will order before you leave the house, believe me it may shock you into ordering something else!

5. You CAN do push ups, sit ups and squats. Start with 1.......

6. In a month you will be amazed at the new person you are becoming.

7.Share in your successes, revel in them, enjoy them...you have worked hard to acheive them.

8. Your friends may think you are obsessed, or put you down, ignore them cuz when you have lost 20 pounds, they will have gained 10!

9. Start over NOW when you over eat. It is OK, it is done, It is NOW. Dont go into a 7 day binge because you messed up.

10. Eat your exercise calories!

11. When you hit a plateau, and you will, come HERE and read Banks plateau busters, they work!

12. Good Luck

Now I would love if everyone would add something here for the newer people, and for ME so I can add to my list of things I know. I might add something later myself!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    1. Drink lots of water.

2. Ask for a to go box when you order your meal in a restaraunt., put 1/2 of it in the box before you start eating. This excites my DH as he will be the one finishing it later!

3. Dont be afraid to ask the server what is in the food you are ordering, it is their job.

4. Look up the food you will order before you leave the house, believe me it may shock you into ordering something else!

5. You CAN do push ups, sit ups and squats. Start with 1.......

6. In a month you will be amazed at the new person you are becoming.

7.Share in your successes, revel in them, enjoy them...you have worked hard to acheive them.

8. Your friends may think you are obsessed, or put you down, ignore them cuz when you have lost 20 pounds, they will have gained 10!

9. Start over NOW when you over eat. It is OK, it is done, It is NOW. Dont go into a 7 day binge because you messed up.

10. Eat your exercise calories!

11. When you hit a plateau, and you will, come HERE and read Banks plateau busters, they work!

12. Good Luck

Now I would love if everyone would add something here for the newer people, and for ME so I can add to my list of things I know. I might add something later myself!!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Where is that plateau busters thread?

Signed,

The frustrated one who goes 2 weeks without losing.. then loses ONE... then will probably be stuck again for 2 weeks .....grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou:

Perfectly said!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    i have learned...

1.peanut butter has more calories than i thought it did .... as does mcdonalds and Blizzards, and burger king lol

2.zumba is a lot of fun and a super workout ...

3. i am hotter than i thougth i was....

4. i am also skinnier than i see myself to be...

5. that losing this weight hasent been as hard as i thought it would be!!!!! I never put one foot in front of the other because it thought it would be soooo much harder.
  • arewethereyet
    i have learned...

1.peanut butter has more calories than i thought it did .... as does mcdonalds and Blizzards, and burger king lol

2.zumba is a lot of fun and a super workout ...

3. i am hotter than i thougth i was....

4. i am also skinnier than i see myself to be...

5. that losing this weight hasent been as hard as i thought it would be!!!!! I never put one foot in front of the other because it thought it would be soooo much harder.

Oh, Jackeh.....thank you. Said so well! You are HOT baby, HOT!!
  • arewethereyet
    Where is that plateau busters thread?

Signed,

The frustrated one who goes 2 weeks without losing.. then loses ONE... then will probably be stuck again for 2 weeks .....grrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

It is harder the closer to goal weight you are. You look fab-u-lous!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have learned lots.....Now I just need to learn to apply it!!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    i have learned.....
    1) i can do it if i just try
    2) getting out and walkinging/jogging is good for me physically and MENTALLY!!
    3) being out side playing with my kids is a better exercise than the gym (family Time is sooo worth it)
    4) if i want it and its bad for me just take a bite then go get a piece of friut or a salad
    5)there are soo many great people going through the same struggle as i am
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Even if I feel tired, low energy, mentally low, etc I ALWAYS feel better after I exercise. It is a mental trick that sometimes our minds play and I have to sometimes remind myself....
    You ALWAYS feel like you have more energy after you exercise so go do it!
    I am trying to remember these words of wisdom and not listen to the other voices that seem to struggle with any positve changes I try to make.
    The can'ts dont need more attention
    The "you are a bad *kitten*, strong, beautiful capable and loveable woman so go out there and get what is yours!" is the quieter voice I am trying to make louder and the more I listen to it, the louder it gets.

So what I have learned is - the more you give something time, energy and attention the more powerful it becomes so focus on the positive not the negative!
  • arewethereyet
    "The can'ts dont need more attention
    The "you are a bad *kitten*, strong, beautiful capable and loveable woman so go out there and get what is yours!" is the quieter voice I am trying to make louder and the more I listen to it, the louder it gets. "

I like this!!!:smooched:
  • arewethereyet
    :happy:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    The "you are a bad *kitten*, strong, beautiful capable and loveable woman so go out there and get what is yours!" is the quieter voice I am trying to make louder and the more I listen to it, the louder it gets.

I love this...committing your words to memory as my new mantra! :tongue:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    what I have learned in addition
    1. I am way more fit now than I ever was
    2. I am worthy of love
    3. I am strong and strength is beauty
    4. I am beginning to feel confident in who I am
    5. I have done what so many people only dream and whine about!!!
  • arewethereyet
    We have done what other people dream of doing. Good thought, huh?
  • 1. you DON"T need fad diets, diet pills, or magic recipies for weight loss.

2. Exercise is more than just losing weight.

3. Eating good, feels good.

4. Fast Food is bad for you in more ways that one!

5. Eating out is possible, if you make the right choices.

6. Other people like to join in, when they see you succeed.

I'll add more later!
  • arewethereyet
    Great ones Jen, thanks for the reminder. My son and husband have both lost lots more than me...without trying!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    I can survive without pop!

More energy means a better marriage

"Just a few pounds" adds up

Weight effects more than just how my clothes feel.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Exercise is a daily must. It is something that should be as much of a daily habit as brusing your teeth. You wouldn't go days without brushing your teeth or showering, why would you go days without exercising?
  • 1. I feel fantastic after I finish working out. Who knew?! :wink:
    2. Eating smart doesn't always mean depriving myself of the foods I love.
    3. I can feel confident no matter what I'm wearing. :bigsmile:
    4. Fruits and vegetables are my best friends (which is fine, because I happen to love them:heart: ).
    5. Knowing that I'm doing what's best for me makes me feel beautiful and confident and very alive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!