I don't care if I lose another pound......

arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
Ok. Got your attention.

Today I am looking back on 4 months of life changing. I started on MFP while looking to sign up for a site that would help me keep track of my calories and costs about $20 a month.

I googled 'calorie count free' and found this site. I decided to give it a try before investing more of my money in something I didnt think I would keep up with.

WW has about $300 of my money from signing up for 12 week group meetings, and then not going.

A gym down the way has $3500 of my money, went about 100 times over a 5 yr period, you do the math.

So, this time what is different?
I have learned more about myself by listening to others.
I have been motivated by people who have lost over ONE HUNDRED POUNDS by diet and exercise.
I have changed my relationship with food.
I have changed my thoughts on exercise.
I have added weight training and found I can LIFT 10 lb weights in each hand and do 30 push ups.

I have found out what I CAN do. I have taken the word CANT from my vocabulary.

So if I never lose another pound, I am a better person today than I was on June 16,2008 And that is good enough for me!!!!

000201F9.gif

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Ok. Got your attention.

Today I am looking back on 4 months of life changing. I started on MFP while looking to sign up for a site that would help me keep track of my calories and costs about $20 a month.

I googled 'calorie count free' and found this site. I decided to give it a try before investing more of my money in something I didnt think I would keep up with.

WW has about $300 of my money from signing up for 12 week group meetings, and then not going.

A gym down the way has $3500 of my money, went about 100 times over a 5 yr period, you do the math.

So, this time what is different?
    I have learned more about myself by listening to others.
    I have been motivated by people who have lost over ONE HUNDRED POUNDS by diet and exercise.
    I have changed my relationship with food.
    I have changed my thoughts on exercise.
    I have added weight training and found I can LIFT 10 lb weights in each hand and do 30 push ups.

I have found out what I CAN do. I have taken the word CANT from my vocabulary.

So if I never lose another pound, I am a better person today than I was on June 16,2008 And that is good enough for me!!!!

000201F9.gif
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Aww your such a sweet person, and i agree with you...All of this and it's free. What an awesome way to keep motivated eh.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I couldn't agree more!!!!:happy: I thought i knew all about "diet" and exercise before joining this site...ya i knew how to do it all the WRONG ways!!! I joined after i had lost 20 lbs the wrong way and weird gained it all back plus 10!!!!
    I have learned sooo much from everyone here....so a big THANKS from me as well:flowerforyou:

:drinker: Cara
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    cheers!!!:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Bless your heart-- what a greeting this morning!!

And I echo your sentiments-- learning from here has been invaluable.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Well ... okay ... I DO want to lose some more ... but I totally agree. I know I am doing the right things for my body now with healthy eating and exercise, and that makes me feel great!!!! I'm starting to crave exercise ... has that ever happened to me before? Not in recent memory, anyway!

You inspire me, Arewethereyet!! YAY for you!!!!!

yupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gif
  • arewethereyet
    I am glad you said that....cuz I am craving exercise too.

:noway: I WANT to exercise.... dont tell my friends, they'll have me painting their homes or mowing their lawns....shhh
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!