One month!

tresa1234
tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
Hey y'all,

I've been here on MFP four weeks as of today, so I took my measurements this morning. I've lost 10.2 inches (I only started with 4 measurements, but I have added more for next month) including 4 inches off my waist! ... that salsa dancing must be doing something! :laugh: dance.gif:laugh:

That is with 5.4 pounds lost ... which doesn't seem like all that much but it's a little better than 1 pound a week, which is what I planned.

I feel pretty good about just DOING this consistently for a month. In the past I have gotten all hyperfocused & crazy and burned myself out before this point. I'm trying to take it slow and steady and not make myself insane with the process, and it's starting to feel like normal life.

I"ve been putting smilie stickers on my calendar ... one for food if I've logged everything and am not significantly over my calories and another sticker if I intentionally exercised. I just have a few more days of success until I have the points I'd planned to get myself a reward. I think this time I'm going to order the Zumba DVDs.

Just checkin' in! Have a great day everybody!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Hey y'all,

I've been here on MFP four weeks as of today, so I took my measurements this morning. I've lost 10.2 inches (I only started with 4 measurements, but I have added more for next month) including 4 inches off my waist! ... that salsa dancing must be doing something! :laugh: dance.gif:laugh:

That is with 5.4 pounds lost ... which doesn't seem like all that much but it's a little better than 1 pound a week, which is what I planned.

I feel pretty good about just DOING this consistently for a month. In the past I have gotten all hyperfocused & crazy and burned myself out before this point. I'm trying to take it slow and steady and not make myself insane with the process, and it's starting to feel like normal life.

I"ve been putting smilie stickers on my calendar ... one for food if I've logged everything and am not significantly over my calories and another sticker if I intentionally exercised. I just have a few more days of success until I have the points I'd planned to get myself a reward. I think this time I'm going to order the Zumba DVDs.

Just checkin' in! Have a great day everybody!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Congratulations on a successful one month - here's to many more!:drinker:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Good for you.

I use to have Zumba VHS tapes, then my player broke. I loved them. I've been thinking of getting the dvds.
  • That is fantastic! I'm ALWAYS thankful for losses especially considering the alternative would be the scale moving in the opposite direction!

Keep up the great work :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!