I turned down Pringles!!!

ok, this may sound corny but this is not an easy feet for me :laugh: Yesterday I had a bunch of jugglers over for dinner (We have a clown / entertainment company) I ate pizza in normal amounts and then when one of them offered me pringles (which would normally be a large-can-a-day addiction) I politely turned them down...and had no problem doing it!!! :drinker:
I still have a hard time reminding myself that food is just fuel and not my crutch, but I sure as heck try. I just keep visualizing myself in the pictures of our last parties where I am juggling with these tiny (almost anorexic looking) girls that work with us...Im like three times their size!
Anyhow...Im psyched...I turned down the potato chips...im going to celebrate with a navel orange!!!
Have a light morning and a fat free afternoon everybody!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• ok, this may sound corny but this is not an easy feet for me :laugh: Yesterday I had a bunch of jugglers over for dinner (We have a clown / entertainment company) I ate pizza in normal amounts and then when one of them offered me pringles (which would normally be a large-can-a-day addiction) I politely turned them down...and had no problem doing it!!! :drinker:
    I still have a hard time reminding myself that food is just fuel and not my crutch, but I sure as heck try. I just keep visualizing myself in the pictures of our last parties where I am juggling with these tiny (almost anorexic looking) girls that work with us...Im like three times their size!
    Anyhow...Im psyched...I turned down the potato chips...im going to celebrate with a navel orange!!!
    Have a light morning and a fat free afternoon everybody!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Congrats!!! It's a step in the right direction. :happy:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Good for you. Pringles are tough ones for me too! I even had to rid my home of the 100 calorie pack ones because I would just go and open up another packet!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Believe it or not, I held myself to 15 crisps the other day-- my 2 year old always wants some when we go grocery shopping since they're always right inside the front door. And I was starving--
    but, I counted out my wittle crisps, and logged 'em like a good girl. :bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Believe it or not, I held myself to 15 crisps the other day-- my 2 year old always wants some when we go grocery shopping since they're always right inside the front door. And I was starving--
    but, I counted out my wittle crisps, and logged 'em like a good girl. :bigsmile:

I do that too. I'd have, say, 7, with a sandwich, and record them. Course, I stopped that, because they're full of sodium.

But excellent job on turning them down. You're learning that you just don't need those little extras because they add up.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    The fat free pringles are actually very good.... just make sure you portion them out first do NOT eat out of hte can lol.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    I eat pringles almost everyday to get my salt craving and I keep on dropping those pounds... no reason to give up a favorite, just moderation!

http://www.pringles.com/pages/products/smartsnack.shtml
  • I eat pringles almost everyday to get my salt craving and I keep on dropping those pounds... no reason to give up a favorite, just moderation!

hehe...if moderation were my strongpoint I woudnt be here :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    this makes me laugh because i had a VERY drunk boyfriend who hid IN the pantry saturday night and wolfed down half a container of Sour Cream and Onion pringles.

when he came out, he had pringle crumbs all over him. i wish i had taken a picture to show him the next day when he was inputting HIS calories for the night before.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    All I have to say is WOO HOO for you! :drinker: awesome job! This surely boosts your self-confidence, doesn't it? You can do it! Keep up the good job! :flowerforyou:
  • Good Job!!:flowerforyou:
    On Sunday i turned down Chocolate cake and yesterday i turned down vanilla ice cream and Pepsi!
    Yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!