Too Many Carbs..

I've been eating really well lately lots of fruits, vegetables, and some whole grains. I can't seem too ever get under on those stinking carbohydrates. What gives? I mean when you are eating good carbohydrates and burning some off through exercise, does the website take into account the carbohydrates you need to daily energy? I'm just really irritated!

Replies

• I've been eating really well lately lots of fruits, vegetables, and some whole grains. I can't seem too ever get under on those stinking carbohydrates. What gives? I mean when you are eating good carbohydrates and burning some off through exercise, does the website take into account the carbohydrates you need to daily energy? I'm just really irritated!
  • anouka
    anouka Posts: 5
    in my unprofessional opinion, it may depend on how far over you're getting with the carbs, and whether your weekly weight loss goal is realistic for the amount of activity you do per week. i haven't tested all the settings, though, so I don't know how much difference changing your weekly activity would make -- particularly if you've made a lifestyle change since comingto the site.

me personally, if you're getting where you need to be goal wise, and the carbs you're eating are 'good', and you're exercising more than when you came onto this site -- and you're not on Atkins/under a professional's care -- i wouldn't worry about it too much.

how far over are you going?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    The only reason that might be a problem is if you're undereating in fat and protein, which are nutrients you really can't skimp on without risking some health problems.

Fat should be between 20-30% of your calories, and if you're active, protein should be between 25-50%. Those are healthy ranges for individuals who exercise and engage in resistance training. Carbohydrates should comprise 30-50%, unless you're a marathoner and need upwards of 60%. Remember that carbs are great for energy, but they cannot rebuild skeletal muscle like protein can, and they cannot regulate blood sugar like fat can.