Wii Fit

My birthday is coming up soon and I really want a Wii fit however I want to make sure that its worth it. Does it really work?? Thank you in advance for all your advice. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    My birthday is coming up soon and I really want a Wii fit however I want to make sure that its worth it. Does it really work?? Thank you in advance for all your advice. :flowerforyou:
  • I absolutely love mine! I just did 30 minutes of step aerobics. I feel that it has really gotten me back into exercise. Of course it isn't the same as the gym but at least I am moving! My hubby and I both have lost weight since we bought it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    It depends, you really need to get into it. The yoga exercises are great and some of the aerobics. It is like anything else, if you are do it and you are consistent anything is better than nothing. The games are great!! I love mine!!! Enjoy!! :flowerforyou:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    I love my wii fit!

I'm all about the yoga - plus that marble hole mini game :happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I want one too but can't find one
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member

Yes! It is really worth it! It has been working for me. I have been working out more than I usually do and having fun with it. The more you use it the more advanced the activities become. I know for me 12 minutes of Super Hoola Hoop (where you go one way for 6 minutes then 6 the other) and 20 minute free run kicks my but...especially when I do 20 minutes of Yoga first.

There are a couple of websites that I found while searching on Google "Can you lose weight with Wii Fit" and the two guys track their significant progress.

I highly recommend it! :happy:

PS. I started a Group on MySpace for wii Fit and I listed the websites there.
  • Nananiemand
    Nananiemand Posts: 12 Member
    Hey! Me and my boyfriend borrowed a Wii-Fit from a friend and it's been really fun. We were apprehensive at first because it has a rather uhm... blunt AI, but don't be discouraged by it. It's hard to hear the words "Overweight" or "Obese" but if you can chin up and get to the exercises, it's fun as heck.
    We do 20 minutes of yoga/strength training, and then play the balance games for a half an hour, give or take (they're really fun). Usually this is while one of us is checking email, or getting ready for going out or going to bed.
    It's biggest appeal for me is correcting my posture, which has been slowly degrading since I injured my wrist/knee/hip falling out of a parked car. . . and, really, posture is such a -huuuge- part of feeling and being healthier. I really feel that people who see themselves in the mirror and feel discouraged were discouraged before they even looked, so of course they're slouching!
    Having a better sense of where your center of balance is (which is almost entirely what the -balance- board does) just makes things a lot easier. I walk a little taller and my shoulders don't ache so bad at the end of the day. Even if my regular exercise is what's really trimming me down, the Wii-Fit is an invaluable weight-loss monitor, and a gentle reminder to carry yourself with the confidence you're working for. :wink:
  • Having a better sense of where your center of balance is (which is almost entirely what the -balance- board does) just makes things a lot easier. I walk a little taller and my shoulders don't ache so bad at the end of the day. Even if my regular exercise is what's really trimming me down, the Wii-Fit is an invaluable weight-loss monitor, and a gentle reminder to carry yourself with the confidence you're working for. :wink:

VERY well put!:happy: