Valentine's Fitness Challenge January 16

Hey, look at me, I'm up first!

Weird.

Anyway, today is 20 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of yoga. And my commuter walk (30 minutes)

Happy Wednesday, ladies!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Hey, look at me, I'm up first!

Weird.

Anyway, today is 20 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of yoga. And my commuter walk (30 minutes)

Happy Wednesday, ladies!

:flowerforyou:
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    :happy: Started the day a 5 am with putting up the dishes. Then 1 hour of Tai Chi and this afternoon it will be 15 minutes on the rowing machine. Have a great day everyone. Positive thoughts from kckat96
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I'm not sure what I am going to do today. Well, I will be doing Taebo again...I just don't know for how long. I've been doing it an hour everyday and I'm sore but I didn't lose any weight this past week, so I am wondering if I should bump it up a little. I may even clean out my son's closet! That burns calories right?
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning all:flowerforyou: I did my Biggest Loser Volume One again. 65 minutes.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    got up early did 40 mins elliptical trainer and went straight out in the rain for 50mins for a power walk with the dogs. Got home to do 4 hrs of cleaning at easy to moderate rate mopping hoovering wiping paintwork down. I even put my bucket of bleach in a different room so every time I needed to rinse my cloth I had to get up and squat to the bucket may as well get something out of housework.

Just finished 45 mins core training dvd feel quite shattered now so just checkin in with a strong cup of coffee then gonna pick all my kids toys up 1 by 1.

Going for the same tomorrow.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning all of you early birds! Since my little one was up until after 11 last night he let me sleep in until now! Thank goodness. I'm going to be dragging today as it is. Anyway...

Yesterday I walked/ran/played at the park with my boys for a few hours. It got up to 50 degrees! Of course, we got a ton of snow last night and it's only supposed to be 12 today. I'd say we will be skipping the park! Anyway, also, during the 2 hours of American Idol last night I cleaned/rearranged the basement. I was Tivoing the Biggest Loser in my bedroom so I had to watch American Idol in the basement which was full of boxes and other micellaneous stuff. My crafting area is set all back up and it is almost to the point where I could take someone down there! By the end of American Idol next Tuesday it should be good to go! :happy:

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Keep warm today!
    Niccole

ps Thanks for the advice on my back. I'm trying to be aware of my posture and keeping my shoulders in the proper position.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I read a bunch of posts about other people exercising, does that count, sure makes me tired.

Yesterday I pushed the intensity on the elliptical and did 40 minutes at 85% mhr, 10 minutes between 65--85%, and 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. I did 10 minutes of stretching as well - which is my new goal to do everyday.

So I've been bragging on the book Mindless Eating lately. I'm doing the 1/2 plate rule this month (1/2 plate at lunch and/or dinner must be veggies - though usually my salad is so big, it needs it's own plate) and next month I'm going to try 5 seconds wait between bites. I'm trying to think of mindless exercise as well. Any thoughts would be great. I already have the: park in the first space you find rule (I don't purposely park away or close to the store) and every bend down either has to be a squat or a stretch.

Thanks y'all!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    I got so busy getting ready for class today I forgot to eat lunch. I didn't miss it though and had a snack as soon as I was done lecturing. Stayed really busy all afternoon an never got to sit down until I got in my car at 5!

Will do at least 30 min of something... not feeling motivated. I'll keep reading everyone's posts, that seems to motivate!