MFP Runner's Club - October 8

Good morning! Today was easy speedwork ...

1.5-mile warm-up
2 100s
1 200
1 400
1 100
.5-mile warm-up

I was so excited ... I got the best compliment today! I don't really consider myself "a runner," I just know I like to run. There was a new girl in our speedwork class today who, while I was finishing my 200 and she was finishing a 100, shouted out, "YOU ARE A RUNNER!" That made my day.

And to top it off, I'm celebrating 3 years of marriage with my awesome hubby today. :smile: YAY!

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning! Today was easy speedwork ...

1.5-mile warm-up
    2 100s
    1 200
    1 400
    1 100
    .5-mile warm-up

I was so excited ... I got the best compliment today! I don't really consider myself "a runner," I just know I like to run. There was a new girl in our speedwork class today who, while I was finishing my 200 and she was finishing a 100, shouted out, "YOU ARE A RUNNER!" That made my day.

And to top it off, I'm celebrating 3 years of marriage with my awesome hubby today. :smile: YAY!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    5 min. warmup
    17 min. @ 6.3
    1 min. @ 7.0
    5 min. cooldown

2.44 mi. total
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,344 Member
    Intervals for me today:
    .5 m. warmup
    10 X 400s
    .5 cool down
    Walked another . 5

Happy anniversary, Slender1, you runner, you :smile:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Today is my full day. I swam this morning and tonight I'm teaching spinning and bootcamp
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Congrats on the anniversay Slender and YOU ARE A RUNNER! Woo Hoo:drinker:

No running for me today. Just had bootcamp. I feel better so I will be running tomorrow.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Well hello there MFP Runners. Long time no see.:sad:

I'm back and i'm going to start up on jogging again. It's going to take me a while to build up to what I once had, but i'll get there eventually. I'll be leaving for my workout in an hour and will report back shortly after.

Wish me luck! :heart:
  • Good Morning Runners! :flowerforyou:
    For those of you who already Ran.... yeah!!!!

Now the rest of you need to get your butts going. Where are all the runners. I expected to see a lot more on here.

Get up...
    Get out...
    Get Running!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Still recovery for me, but counting the days, be glad when I can.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Did a tempo run with the group last night. We ran a lap at the track with increasing speed, then 1/4 lap walk then repeat. I have really short legs and find that it is hard to increase my speed without increasing my stride! But slow and steady...........
    Have a great day!
    Bunny
  • Help save a breast!!!

Please go to http://www.myspace.com/pinktogether
    It is free to you.

Type in Hesperia for the town and then my name is Donna
    and then you send me a flower for free.
    By sending a flower you are helping with donation to the cure for breast cancer.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good Evening :flowerforyou:

I ran 4.75 miles at an easy pace bright and early this morning.

-Kechie.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Hi everyone. Ran another 6 this evening. I was able to run outside - YAY! Half of my run was in the dark, but it was STILL better than that dreaded treadmill!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I ran an easy 2 miles in 21 min. today. Tomorrow will be another 4 miler. Today it was grey and drizzling rain, but I warmed up quickly and then the mist was welcome! I found myself trying to run at my bf's pace at first, and he's a foot taller than I am, so I had to really run consciously and make myself slow down. I experimented with increasing my turnover toward the end without increasing my stride.