Ab Burning?

Options
Hey folks, I am trying to loose inches while limited (due to injury plantar faciitus both feet) in work out routine... Any ideas, I have been killing the crunches and elyptical but that has been the extent of what my Dr allows...

Replies

• stationone99702
    Options
    Hey folks, I am trying to loose inches while limited (due to injury plantar faciitus both feet) in work out routine... Any ideas, I have been killing the crunches and elyptical but that has been the extent of what my Dr allows...
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    machines at the gym for ab workout... use the weighted ball... sit on the yoga ball...
    Planet Fitness has alot of ab machines... perhaps ask the gym people?

what about spinning with spin shoes... will that hurt your injury?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    how about pilates floor work? It kicks your cores butt...and that too!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I had plantar fascitis in one foot so I know how it feels. I dont have it anymore thank the lord. Do the bike for some cardio. Are you doing your feet exercises. Like rolling a can under your foot. It sure is hard to exercise when you cant use your feet.

Connie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had PF too for a long time. I finally broke down and got the cortizone injection- and it worked.

I still do my stretches everymorning because I do NOT want that knife stabbing pain to come back. I would rather have a baby.

I hope it gets better for you very quickly!!:flowerforyou:
  • stationone99702
    Options
    I am not allowed to do the bike. I had the surgery... (did I not mention that?) Anyway, I am still recouping from it (8months ago)... Things are not great on that foot yet. I cannot even bike, but they are allowing the elyptical...