I'm so disappointed in myself!

Here I am AGAIN!! I joined in January weighing in at 152. By my wedding day (3/14) I was down to 137, 2 lbs from my goal... Now, 7 months later I'm back up to 149. I could cry. How did this happen?? Well - here I go again and I'm praying that this time I make permanant changes to my lifestyle so that I don't have to go through this AGAIN... I know the right things to do, I know how to have a healthy lifestyle (so I guess I do know "how this happened")... SO why is it so hard to do what I know is right????

Replies

• Here I am AGAIN!! I joined in January weighing in at 152. By my wedding day (3/14) I was down to 137, 2 lbs from my goal... Now, 7 months later I'm back up to 149. I could cry. How did this happen?? Well - here I go again and I'm praying that this time I make permanant changes to my lifestyle so that I don't have to go through this AGAIN... I know the right things to do, I know how to have a healthy lifestyle (so I guess I do know "how this happened")... SO why is it so hard to do what I know is right????
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Here I am AGAIN!! I joined in January weighing in at 152. By my wedding day (3/14) I was down to 137, 2 lbs from my goal... Now, 7 months later I'm back up to 149. I could cry. How did this happen?? Well - here I go again and I'm praying that this time I make permanant changes to my lifestyle so that I don't have to go through this AGAIN... I know the right things to do, I know how to have a healthy lifestyle (so I guess I do know "how this happened")... SO why is it so hard to do what I know is right????

Unfortunately that might be something only you can answer Ellie :flowerforyou:

I do believe prayer works...but I think in some cases we have to be the ones to do the work along the way to get to where we want to be and continue on even after we've reached a certain 'goal' so to speak. It is a lifetime journey...not something for a temporary occasion or fix...perhaps that's why some leave then come back with more weight to lose. As I continue to lose weight I hope to continue to motivate and share with others and always always I will continue to learn from others as well on here. When I get to a place my bodys feels healthy at....I have no plans to go anywhere...as this is where I think is best for me to stick around and be part of....goal or not...lots to learn and share on the journey.:flowerforyou:

If you thought of this as a 'diet' in the past....the weight is bound to come back with a vengenance....if you think of eating healthy as changing your lifestyle for LIFE....then you can keep it off and make it a way of life.:flowerforyou:

I hear/read so often about how so many who jump on here and join so they can almost 'crash diet' so to speak and lose 50 lbs by 'such and such' month for their 'wedding day'. WHEW....that's a toughie for your body to go from eating not so healthy to being expected to 'diet' off so much weight......slow and steady does keep it off...you did it once....you know how you did it....if if was in a healthy way then you know HOW to pick yourself up and jump back on the path with the rest of us. You CAN DO IT AGAIN:heart:

We welcome you back with open arms:heart: ....come along on the journey...we're all in this together:flowerforyou:

The very best to you...and congrats on your Wedding :drinker:
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    I'm right there with ya luv! I think its hard because the bad stuff tastes so good. :laugh:

Not to mention alot of people don't understand how hard the battle can be sometimes. The girls I work with are all a size 5 or smaller and they keep a wellstocked basket, loaded with chocolate, right next to the printer. Everytime I walk up there (good day or bad) I have to talk myself into walking back to my desk empty handed. Then I have to deal with drug reps (I work at a cancer center), who bring in all kinds of goodies from chinese to mexican to subs to italian. Sometimes its hard to walk in and just want to find protien and veggies. Next is my husband. Who is also overweight, but doesn't like to cook, or shop, or get involved with planning meals. He just likes to say..."Oh whatever you want is fine honey." So I do all the planning, cooking, and shopping...and if I don't feel up to the task every now and then his response is to buy out (which is a blessed ability in this economy, but not to my waistline)

My long winded, round about point is this: I'm with you! I'm coming back almost 7 pounds heavier than when I started the first time. I know how it feels, and I know how down you get on yourself when you know how hard you worked the first time. But you have to look at it, say to yourself "Ok, I sucked then and I was weak and I didn't check myself. I can't do anything to go back and change those days, so I'm going to do my best to make a clean start and give it my all!"

If you need someone to chat with for support or anything else ....give me a shout! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I'm not trying to make excuses for anybody (including myself) but my girlfriends & I have noticed that in our first year of our marriages, ALL of us gained a significant amount of weight. I don't know if it is a subconscious comfort that come with the marriage, the adjustment to married life or what, but it happened to ALL of us.

Keep you head up. You've made a committment & now you can follow through & meet that goal! 135 here you come! You can do it!
  • Hi ellie...just one important thing to remember: DONT GIVE UP! Its not easy sticking to all the changes, and making them habbits. But you have "caught yourslef" and are willing to re-commit. THAT should be your focus. Yes, you are mad at yourslef, and that is what prompts the changes: if you didnt care, you would feel anything about it. But you do, so take that energy and make it yours to burn....how many times have I had this conversation with myself and others? oh, many! Life happens but we have to just keep moving on....:bigsmile: you can do it!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Well-- hang in there and come on back in. We all know that in life oftentimes what feels good and pleases us short-term is not what's best for us, good or right-- it wouldn't be so tempting if it were. Right?

We've all been there-- I've lost the same 20 pounds now about 3 times-- so, come on in. You're among friends here who've all been in your shoes.