Don't know how but I'll take it!

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
I had to go today to buy new jeans--with cooler weather here, I needed some pants and my "old me" jeans wouldn't stay up even with a belt anymore.

My local 'no-name' department store didn't have a size 20 jeans that I liked, so I was about ready to leave when my DH said to try on an 18 and just see.

And guess what--they fit! And I don't mean "tight" but 'wear in public" fit! That means I've gone from a size 26 to a 18! w00t.gif

I don't know how because I've only lost about 5 pounds since I bought some size 20 slacks that still fit me--and I've not lost any inches on the hips/waist since then at all.

But, hey, they fit, and that's all I care about! I can't even remember the last time I bought a size 18 anything!

This is the first "good" thing I've had happened in 2 weeks! "Getting to a healthy me" wise anyway.

Replies

• shorerider
    I had to go today to buy new jeans--with cooler weather here, I needed some pants and my "old me" jeans wouldn't stay up even with a belt anymore.

My local 'no-name' department store didn't have a size 20 jeans that I liked, so I was about ready to leave when my DH said to try on an 18 and just see.

And guess what--they fit! And I don't mean "tight" but 'wear in public" fit! That means I've gone from a size 26 to a 18! w00t.gif

I don't know how because I've only lost about 5 pounds since I bought some size 20 slacks that still fit me--and I've not lost any inches on the hips/waist since then at all.

But, hey, they fit, and that's all I care about! I can't even remember the last time I bought a size 18 anything!

This is the first "good" thing I've had happened in 2 weeks! "Getting to a healthy me" wise anyway.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Yay Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's fabulous! You are such an inspiration!
    snoopydance.gif
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Congrat to you :flowerforyou:

That is wonderful. My mom always said 1 size for every 15 lbs :bigsmile:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    That is great. I cant wait to be able to buy smaller clothes. Right now all I seem to wear is either a cub scout uniform or workout clothes. I cant really tell about my clothes yet. But you had a thread earlier today about how many miles you have done since starting to ride your bike and I definately think that is a great thing that you have accomplished along with the pants.

Connie
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Congrats!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Congrats! That's great! :drinker:

I love that your husband encouraged you to try them. See he had faith in you...that's so sweet. :heart:
  • Hi Shore
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

000201F6.gif

:flowerforyou:
    greenie
  • What a wonderful feeling that must be! You are truly an inspiration to us here at MFP. Keep up the AWESOME work!!! :heart:
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    That is awesome.....you'll be in 16's in no time!!
  • shorerider
    slider_thankyou.gif
  • tsg177
    tsg177 Posts: 10
    Congratulations!!! Moving to a new size is always very exciting. Keep up the good work.:smile:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Awesome work :):flowerforyou: Congrats!!! :drinker:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Wow that's great!! Just think what 5, 10 or even 15 more lbs might do.....YAAA WHOOO:flowerforyou:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    snoopydance.gif

every time i see something that you posted i get hungry for candy corn :tongue:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    snoopydance.gif

every time i see something that you posted i get hungry for candy corn :tongue:
    Ditto...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    That is great. I cant wait to be able to buy smaller clothes. Right now all I seem to wear is either a cub scout uniform or workout clothes. I cant really tell about my clothes yet. But you had a thread earlier today about how many miles you have done since starting to ride your bike and I definately think that is a great thing that you have accomplished along with the pants.

Connie

Bleh, I had to wear a BSA uniform this summer...I had the female blouse but the regular shorts. I also had the Venturing uniform. It may have been the most uncomfortable and unflattering thing I was ever made to wear. :sad:

Shore, congratulations!! That is always a great feeling.
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    good for you!!!!

before I started with MFP I went from a size fourteen to a size ten, and like you...even though the scale said I didn't lose any weight, I have recently, gone down to a size 8 and the feeling of success is unreal.

so again...GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    congrats, keep up the good work :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!