support/I need to eat more

I am not overweight and I'm physically fit. I have an eating disorder and I struggle to make it to 1,200 calories a day. Right now I eat like a 10 yr. old child and I'm 41. I take in about 800 calories on a good day. But, I live with guilt, reqret, and dread when food is around. I hope one day my love/hate relationship will get better. The food diary helps me keep track so wish me luck .

Replies

• I am not overweight and I'm physically fit. I have an eating disorder and I struggle to make it to 1,200 calories a day. Right now I eat like a 10 yr. old child and I'm 41. I take in about 800 calories on a good day. But, I live with guilt, reqret, and dread when food is around. I hope one day my love/hate relationship will get better. The food diary helps me keep track so wish me luck .
  • I will pray for u and God will make it all better , just have faith and it will happen.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :flowerforyou: I have never struggled with eating. But I imagine it is just as bad as over doing it with food. I could be mistaken. Regardless I wish you the best on your journey. You can do this with a positive attitude.

We are glad to have you here.
  • I wish you the best of luck! I am pretty fit, I like to have a good, hard workout about 4 times a week, but I LOVE to eat! So I'm on the opposite side of this calorie counter. But I have definitely found that it makes me MUCH more consciencous about what I'm eating and how much I'm eating. I'm struggling with the love for food and the hate that I can't fit into my exact calorie count each day, but I think it is getting better. so I definitely have faith that yours can too. I know you can do it!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    my uncle has the same problem with trying to gain weight he eats and eats and even adds i think it is protein pwder to his drinks and he still doesnt gain,, my obession is eating to much and i have cut down alot but the potato chips still call me by name..
  • :wink: Cheers you know I have the opposite problem I need to eat less. I encourage bread and tortillia's as they are what are killing me the most. I am way over my limit today and I am soo hungry I could scream. I vote we channel our energies into eachother and eventually we will both reach a happy medium.. you can have my extra calories and I will take some of your shrunken belly.

Ps I am not making light of you situation... it is the truth both ends of the spectrums are frusterating. I am sending you some good energy and a smile. It will get better.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    I do not have an under-eating issue, more the oppossite - I love food too much, which as others have previously said, is also frustrating.

My son however was borderline anorexic 6 years ago, but I'm glad to say he's over come it, although, it took 2 years but he won the battle - he was only 10 years old at the time.
    He has trouble putting weight on still, and could eat the entire contents ofthe fridge without putting on a pound (wish my motabolism was so good). He dosn't have any issues with food anymore - he says he's made friends with all foods, and now can't get enough of it.
    We used to sit for hours at a time, with him talking about how food made him feel, and we used to try and work ways round his fears. i.e chocolate was a big no-no, so we would avoid chocolate in his food, we would always look for healthy eating options for him, it did the job.

I have found that talking abut my feelings abotu food also helps, I know it's the oppossite end of the spectrum, but it's the same principle. We are all here to talk and listen, so pleas,e don't feel that you are alone, we all have issues with food, and will all gladly help in any way we possibly can.

Take care, and the very best of luck to you :smile: