scale question?

blackdragonclare
blackdragonclare Posts: 91
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I have been weighing myself everytime I go into any boots shop on their digital scales and everyone has been showing my weight going down and now being at 180lb. as its been costing me money everytime I go in to one of their shops so after weighing myself again (180lb)I bought some scalesthe cheap ones not digital things. I weighed myself when I got home and it says 194lb :( now I'm confused. help!

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Always always always only weigh in the morning after u pee! little or no clothes on..this will give most accurate
  • On your new scale weigh something that you know its weight, ie..a 10 lb dumbell. Those scales are not alway calibrated right so you need to check it out. Then adjust form there!! Good luck!1
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Every scale is different. From now on weight yourself in the morning, same time, after you peed and haven't had any breakfast or anything to drink yet, naked if you can ,lol.
    You weight can fluctuate during the day by like 4-7 lbs. Depending on how much you eat and drink.
  • Sambloid
    Sambloid Posts: 12
    I think as long as it's the same time everyday, then your fine. I weigh myself every night before I go to sleep.
  • deal4321
    deal4321 Posts: 25 Member
    I only weigh myself in the morning with little or no clothes on and after using the toilet.
  • Sometimes you gotta spend a lil extra money on those.. i bought a pretty good one cost me about 30 bucks..its a health monitor scale..digital and it tracks ur weight loss..and its shows the same weight at my doctors..i did have a cheap one not digital scale before and it always says a different weight
  • but I always weigh at the same time of day (can't really get naked at the shops) lol) and does that mean I never lost anything? or have I always been 14lb heavier than I thought and can scales give different readings as I know at my nans ouse hers say I'm 10lb lighter than the shop ones? feeling quite depressed now.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Don't use cheap scales. Find a good scale you can use, use it regularly, but not every day, but at the same time because your weight fluctuates by a few pounds throughout the week. If you use random scales at random times, it will be hard to track your progress because your weight will be all over the place.
This discussion has been closed.