Women's 5K Classic

Good Morning All,
I just wanted to share that I have been pretty much sedentary for quite sometime now, and yesterday I participated in The Women's 5K Classic for Breast Cancer.
A friend of mine asked me awhile back to walk in the Competitive 5K event with her and I said "sure!".
I didn't train for the event at all - I mean how hard can walking 5K's be???
HA! It kicked my butt!!!! BUT I finished 182 out of 1,349 that participated in the Competive 5K walk event. So I think I did rather well. :happy:

I am new to myfitnesspal - and looking for friends.
Stop by and see me.

Replies

• loriannhoffman
    loriannhoffman Posts: 10 Member
    Good Morning All,
    I just wanted to share that I have been pretty much sedentary for quite sometime now, and yesterday I participated in The Women's 5K Classic for Breast Cancer.
    A friend of mine asked me awhile back to walk in the Competitive 5K event with her and I said "sure!".
    I didn't train for the event at all - I mean how hard can walking 5K's be???
    HA! It kicked my butt!!!! BUT I finished 182 out of 1,349 that participated in the Competive 5K walk event. So I think I did rather well. :happy:

I am new to myfitnesspal - and looking for friends.
    Stop by and see me.
  • Welcome to MFP!!!! You are going to love it here! Congrats on the 5K!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Very cool!!! I am doing the 3 day walk in November...this will be my 2nd year doing it...60 miles in 3 days.....amazing experience.....walked 18 yesterday as a training walk Ü This coming weekend we will walk 20 miles Saturday and 17 on Sunday, just to make sure we are used to walking 3 days in a row like that ÜÜ
    Very proud of you!!!
    Blessings!
    Kathey
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!