balance

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
For the last two weeks, while doing my cardio, I have been doing awesome, this morning, however, I found that while doing my lunges I was losing my balance alot. It was quite frustrating and I feel I wasn't able to get a really good workout in because I had to catch myself more times than not! Also in my first two weeks I was very energetic during my workouts and now I feel like I'm losing steam. Awhile back I mentioned my ears plugging during excercise, and that happened to me again this morning, also had a little dizziness. I don't know but it appears these things are all related to one another. Just wondering if anyone had an explanation. That's all I need is for something to hinder my workouts.

Replies

• peej76
    For the last two weeks, while doing my cardio, I have been doing awesome, this morning, however, I found that while doing my lunges I was losing my balance alot. It was quite frustrating and I feel I wasn't able to get a really good workout in because I had to catch myself more times than not! Also in my first two weeks I was very energetic during my workouts and now I feel like I'm losing steam. Awhile back I mentioned my ears plugging during excercise, and that happened to me again this morning, also had a little dizziness. I don't know but it appears these things are all related to one another. Just wondering if anyone had an explanation. That's all I need is for something to hinder my workouts.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Is it almost TOM? I know that I really lost my momentum when my TOM was coming up on me and I could hardly get through my workouts. If your ears are feeling plugged, they may need to be cleaned out, and that could account for dizziness as well. I used to feel plugged like that too, but DH and I candle our ears every month now and it hasn't happened to me since we started.

I hope someone has some better advice for you than I do, but just thought I'd add my little two cents in!
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Are you losing your balance doing other activities as well?? My other half has vertigo and he has some of those symptoms. I agree with what Lokifae said about cleaning out your ears. I used to use these candle cone thingys (lack of a better word) and you light one end and put it in your ear...the heat sucks out the wax. Its kind of messy, so we cut a hole in a plate to catch the ashes. You can get them at a health foods store and GNC.
  • You may have an inner ear infection.. It's kind of like a cold but your equilibrium is off. You should check with your doctor especially if you are a bit sluggish.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    ...and in the meanwhile, use something stable (like a table or other fixed object) to hang onto when you do those lunges. I don't do lunges right now, but if I did, I'd have to in order to keep myself from injuring my legs/knees, as I just do not have the leg strength or coordination to do them properly.
  • peej76
    Actually, it is my TOM, never really thought that!! No, I'm not losing my balance any other time of the day. And as far as the plugged ears, I'll get them cleaned. Just thought it was weird because the only time they plug is while I'm exercising or while I'm driving on the highway....wierd!! Hopefully a cleaning will help that out then!!