No wonder. . .

that my grandmother was so slender. She was very, very tidy and kept her house spotless. (my main memories of her from my childhood are her on her hands and knees scrubbing floors.)

I cleaned for two hours yesterday, at top speed. I am so sore today!

1 hour of housecleaning moderate effort =198 calories.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    that my grandmother was so slender. She was very, very tidy and kept her house spotless. (my main memories of her from my childhood are her on her hands and knees scrubbing floors.)

I cleaned for two hours yesterday, at top speed. I am so sore today!

1 hour of housecleaning moderate effort =198 calories.
  • ladyd48337
    ladyd48337 Posts: 16 Member
    I should be a bean pole by now! LOL. I feel like I am always cleaning up after someone! :tongue:
  • Never thought of my EVERY DAY ALL DAY housework as burning calories!! How did you get the number 198??
    Thanks
  • lotusfromthemud
    you can enter it right here under cardio I'm using "housework, moderate effort".

Let's just say that housework doesn't necessarily enter my daily activity, so this is a great extra incentive.

• lotusfromthemud
    I peeked at your profile. If you're running after kids all day, make sure that you've set your activity level in your goals accordingly.

I count cleaning because I don't do it everyday.:wink:
  • Thanks, I see what you mean about every day activities.
  • ok.....i have 8 kids and am cleaning every second of every day.....toys, laundry, bathrooms, oh my...not to mention meals and dishes.....i wish that is all i had to do to loose weight. :mad: so many times when i am cleaning i wish i could just leave it but i also know that if i do, there will be even more the next day....SIGH......dish pan hands......:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    This is my cleaning day I plan to do a lot of work today as I have kind of let the house go the last 2 days and fiance is coming home tommorow. The kids and I had fun though making it a wreck lol so off I am I may get lost in the toy room though so if you don't see any posts from me in the next day or so call for help. Lol
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I don't even enter in those things. I used to enter them when I was on weight watchers but not this time around. I figure I am going over ever so slightly anyways on my calories, so maybe all of my miscellaneous activities are bringing it to an even.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I don't even enter in those things. I used to enter them when I was on weight watchers but not this time around. I figure I am going over ever so slightly anyways on my calories, so maybe all of my miscellaneous activities are bringing it to an even.