This is going to be the year to do it :)!!!!

Hi there, I am a newbie (from Ottawa, Canada) as of a few minutes ago, and am determined to make this the year I finally do something about my weight (I will be turning 39 in May and would like to make the changes needed before hitting my 40th). My first goal is to get below 200lbs (I am currently 233lbs) and then my next goal is to get to 170lbs and then get to 145lbs.....I would like to be at the 170lbs goal by December. It looks like there is alot of support, information and great menu's/meal planning abilities with "myfitnesspal"......so I hope to be back often :)......

Replies

• greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Hi there, I am a newbie (from Ottawa, Canada) as of a few minutes ago, and am determined to make this the year I finally do something about my weight (I will be turning 39 in May and would like to make the changes needed before hitting my 40th). My first goal is to get below 200lbs (I am currently 233lbs) and then my next goal is to get to 170lbs and then get to 145lbs.....I would like to be at the 170lbs goal by December. It looks like there is alot of support, information and great menu's/meal planning abilities with "myfitnesspal"......so I hope to be back often :)......
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • You are going to do it! I weighed 217.8 in August 2007 and am now down to 173.4. Be patient and take it slow and easy. The weight will come off and think how good you are going to look in those smaller jeans!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    How did you do it???
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Welcome to the site,

Just by putting in your calories everyday, you will do it. The first few days you learn a lot and will begin to see how it is done. I suggest doing the tutorial on the site listed below as it helps you understand how this process works. The tutorial is a great help to getting you on your way:

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial.php

Blessings to you and you will do it.

Connie Lynn
  • Welcome, You can do it !!!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Hi,
    This sight has some of the best people on earth on it. You'll do it and we'll all be here to root for you!
    Cowboy
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Hi. I just joined this site last week. Wish I had found it sooner! I have lost 40 pounds since March and this site would have made it much easier, but I did it none the less! You will too. Just start putting your food in. It has made the last week great for me. I have alot more accountability to myself b/c I am actually seeing what is going in my mouth. It also make exercising very appealing b/c once you plug in the exercise, your calorie intake goes up. Whether or not you consume the extra calories is up to you. Good luck to you!