"Misery Molars" update

Options
DeannaK
DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
that's my new name for wisdom teeth. there is nothing wise or good about them.

anyway.

so after a week of not keeping track of calories since i had my misery molars extracted (my diet consisted of mostly mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and boost high protein drink), i LOST 2 lbs! i'm now out of the 170's and into the 160's.. hooray!

that almost made it worth it.

Replies

• DeannaK
    Options
    that's my new name for wisdom teeth. there is nothing wise or good about them.

anyway.

so after a week of not keeping track of calories since i had my misery molars extracted (my diet consisted of mostly mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and boost high protein drink), i LOST 2 lbs! i'm now out of the 170's and into the 160's.. hooray!

that almost made it worth it.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Hope you are feeling better also.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Curious to hear your story (you can PM me if you want).

When did you get sore?

I had mine out today, under general anesth (propofol). And I feel.

well.. fine.

is it going to get a lot more miserable? or am I just really lucky?

It's been 5 hrs since my surgery. No swelling/ bruising. The bleeding has pretty much stopped.

I'm starving and so eating more than I'm "supposed to".

Just curious if I am supposed to start expecting it to be miserable tomorrow and the next day.... or if I might come through "unscathed"? Did you feel bad right away?

Any tips or tricks you want to share?

I'm taking antibiotics. I have a script for vicodin but I've only taken 1, and that was 4.5 hrs ago and I feel FINE, so I might take another to help me sleep tonight, but otherwise, I dont' seem to need it.

Please respond by telling me how lucky I am, and not by telling me how you felt the same way the first day but then woke up the next morning wanting to cry. :devil: (wishful thinking)

hugs, sorry you had a rough time, I guess the 2lbs is a good deal though!
    Are you feeling better? on to regular foods?
  • DeannaK
    Options
    Curious to hear your story (you can PM me if you want).

When did you get sore?

I had mine out today, under general anesth (propofol). And I feel.

well.. fine.

is it going to get a lot more miserable? or am I just really lucky?

It's been 5 hrs since my surgery. No swelling/ bruising. The bleeding has pretty much stopped.

I'm starving and so eating more than I'm "supposed to".

Just curious if I am supposed to start expecting it to be miserable tomorrow and the next day.... or if I might come through "unscathed"? Did you feel bad right away?

Any tips or tricks you want to share?

I'm taking antibiotics. I have a script for vicodin but I've only taken 1, and that was 4.5 hrs ago and I feel FINE, so I might take another to help me sleep tonight, but otherwise, I dont' seem to need it.

Please respond by telling me how lucky I am, and not by telling me how you felt the same way the first day but then woke up the next morning wanting to cry. :devil: (wishful thinking)

hugs, sorry you had a rough time, I guess the 2lbs is a good deal though!
    Are you feeling better? on to regular foods?

i am feeling much better now! sorry it's taken me this long to reply.

here we go without holding back: part of the deal for me was that two of them were fully impacted and the third was partially (mostly) impacted. also, i have TMJ which made the recovery that much harder (jaw stiffness, couldn't open mouth very far - barely enough to get a spoon in). i swelled under my chin and back into my ears and that made me incredibly dizzy, bruises on both sides of my face, the pain meds made me sick.. all in all, good times :sick:

hopefully, you found that it wasn't too bad the next day either... i'm so jealous! i've heard some people say it wasn't bad at all, and then i've heard people with worse stories than mine.

mine was awful right away and for the first 3-4 days, and slightly less awful for the 2-3 days after that. the doctor told my husband that day 3 would be the worst, and it was (i guess he knew what he was talking about). i'm doing fine now, but i still get pretty sore in the evening and take the vicodin at night (the dr. said this was very normal).

i know it's too late for you for tips and tricks, but maybe someone else will need the info.. i found that the "boost high protein" drink really helped with the nausea, and helped with the hunger when i couldn't open my mouth to eat anything "real." also, i ate a lot of instant mashed potatoes, and just made them a little more "wet" than "dry." and oatmeal. ALSO.. the salt water rinse really helps take the edge off the pain.. don't know why.. it just seemed to work for me.

hope that helps..

so, tell me. were you completely fine the next day too? so jealous... :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!