Small steps is what counts

Since I had started my job at walmart I had never really bought enough clothes for myself to wear for a 5 day work week. And since starting my new lifestyle change I had figured I shouldn't because I will be losing weight. Well the other day I had torn my pants in the knee and I figured that I would go and get a couple of new pants for work. Well I went and tried on a size 18 and I stood there just amazed (I think I stood there for almost 5 minutes) they were TOO BIG for me. I was thinking to myself no way, I had only lost 7 pounds and only a couple of inches. Well I tried on a size 16 and I almost started to cry :sad: Size 16 fit me perfect: bigsmile: I just couldn't wait to tell some of my co-workers,(they all knew that I was going to the gym after work), and I also raced home to tell my hubby and he is so very proud of what I have done so far.

It has been almost 17 years since I have seen a size 16. For me it is just a small step and that is what counts. The little steps will add up to bigger steps. After 3 months of excersising and watching what I had eatten for the most part, I was really getting discourage because I was not seeing any progress. But today I have seen progress and I will not be givening up even if the scale does not move that much. Because number do not give the whole picture.

I have proved to myself that I can do this.

Goodbye size 18:smile:

HELLOOOOOOO size 16 :bigsmile:

Replies

• Since I had started my job at walmart I had never really bought enough clothes for myself to wear for a 5 day work week. And since starting my new lifestyle change I had figured I shouldn't because I will be losing weight. Well the other day I had torn my pants in the knee and I figured that I would go and get a couple of new pants for work. Well I went and tried on a size 18 and I stood there just amazed (I think I stood there for almost 5 minutes) they were TOO BIG for me. I was thinking to myself no way, I had only lost 7 pounds and only a couple of inches. Well I tried on a size 16 and I almost started to cry :sad: Size 16 fit me perfect: bigsmile: I just couldn't wait to tell some of my co-workers,(they all knew that I was going to the gym after work), and I also raced home to tell my hubby and he is so very proud of what I have done so far.

It has been almost 17 years since I have seen a size 16. For me it is just a small step and that is what counts. The little steps will add up to bigger steps. After 3 months of excersising and watching what I had eatten for the most part, I was really getting discourage because I was not seeing any progress. But today I have seen progress and I will not be givening up even if the scale does not move that much. Because number do not give the whole picture.

I have proved to myself that I can do this.

Goodbye size 18:smile:

HELLOOOOOOO size 16 :bigsmile:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Congratulations!! It is amazing what a big difference a small number of pounds makes! Keep up the great work! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Hello animalhouse7

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy for you Good Work
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    I agree completely! Small steps, mini goals, day by day...they all turn into success:heart:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Wow! It's amazing what 7 lbs. does for you, isn't it? Congratulations!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Small steps are the way to go. It is a life changing experience so enjoy every minute.

Congratulation on your great progress.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:flowerforyou:
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Thats awesome. Keep up the good work.:bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Nice job, and congratulations!! :flowerforyou: Isn't that just amazing! I love when shtuff like that happens. Happened to me too. It took me 1 year to build my size 14-16 wardrobe, and I have to give away everything now, and start over!!! :grumble:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Great job!
    This is just the beginning....good luck...you c an do it and you are WORTH IT!

Kim
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    And to think you probably weren't real happy when you noticed the tear in your pants:smile: It sure sounds like you were in the changing room. Way to go!!!!!
  • thanks everyone for the congrats. I really do appriciate it so much. Now on to my next small step. Good luck to everyone :smile:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF MY PANTS ARE LOOSE I'M HAPPY:smile::smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!