47 lbs.

rosemarymint
rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
Someone asked me the other day if I have lifted 47 lbs. ( the amount of weight I've lost) and carried it around. I can't believe how heavy that is. I wonder how I carried it day in and day out. Have any of you done this little experiment? I'd especially like to hear from Tamtastic on this one. Thanks:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Someone asked me the other day if I have lifted 47 lbs. ( the amount of weight I've lost) and carried it around. I can't believe how heavy that is. I wonder how I carried it day in and day out. Have any of you done this little experiment? I'd especially like to hear from Tamtastic on this one. Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    When I lost 16#, my baby was that weight & I was impressed. Then I lost 30# & that's how much my 2yo weighs & I was even more impressed. Once I hit 40# (about 3# away), I'll have lost the same amount that my 3yo weighs. Now THAT is impressive (for me, at least). It is amazing how much 40# really weighs & I notice a difference in everything I do...especially lugging the kids around. It is MUCH easier these days. LOL
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Everytime I go to the grocery store I look at the 5 pound bags of sugar and just think of carrying 9 bags around...:noway: :laugh: I measure in sugar bags!:laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    When I lost my first 10 I held a 10 lb weight with me on the scale, then set it down, then picked it up again, then set it down again. lol. I don't think I could lift 53lbs though :noway:
  • cedargirl22
    cedargirl22 Posts: 29 Member
    I remember going on a hike and carrying a 9 lb container of water. It was a pretty steep climb and I was amazed at how much harder it seemed with the extra weight. I loved hiking up that hill just thinking I'd already lost this, even though it was just 9 lbs!

108246.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    when i had lost 40 pound my bf filled up a cardboard box to weight 40 lbs and told me to pick it up.. it was realllllyyyy heavy. he said. can you think of all the strain you were putting on your heart every second of the day to carry that much more around. ... hes really got a point..
This discussion has been closed.