Home Made...

NewMK08
NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
What are some tasty little goodies that I can make and package as gifts?? We have such a big family, there's no way we're buying something for everyone. So we were thinking of doing some baked goods and giving them as holiday gifts. But I want something a bit more special than just some cookies thrown in a bag-Any ideas??

Replies

• NewMK08
    What are some tasty little goodies that I can make and package as gifts?? We have such a big family, there's no way we're buying something for everyone. So we were thinking of doing some baked goods and giving them as holiday gifts. But I want something a bit more special than just some cookies thrown in a bag-Any ideas??
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    I was just reading a magazine article about holiday cookies and I really think this recipe looks good...it's for chocolate coconut rum balls...and if you decide to make these for your friends and family...I want to know what I need to do to be your friend :laugh: :tongue:

http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/ChocolateCoconutRumBalls.aspx
  • My cousin did caramel popcorn with nuts and put them in tins for everyone with a bow. mmmmmmmm delicious, but not low cal at all! lol (still delicious though)
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Vanilla chocolate or yogurt dipped pretzels and pretzel sticks drizzles with dark chocolate or sprinkles are always affordable to make and a big favorite with our relatives!

...man, now I am craving chocolate covered pretzels. :grumble:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    My cousin did caramel popcorn with nuts and put them in tins for everyone with a bow. mmmmmmmm delicious, but not low cal at all! lol (still delicious though)

Ooooh that reminds me of a snack a former coworker of mine made...it was popcorn covered in white chocolate and then decorated with colored sugars...the salty popcorn and the sweet white chocolate together are so yum...definitely not low cal...but you didn't say that had to be one of the specifications :tongue: so I assume anything goes! That's how it should be (to an extent) for the holidays anyway, right?
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Christmas Bark, white chocolate with crushed candy canes, very very good (probably find a recipe on the internet). Fudge is a favorite too.

Are there such things as low calorie christmas goodies???:laugh:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    my sister use to make home made kalua..She would buy fancy bottels, fill them and give them out. Not sure how to make it but should be easy to google.
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    A friend of mine turns nutter butters into snowmen....not sure how, but I found this recipe online: http://www.cooking.com/Recipes-and-More/recipes/Snowmen-Cookies-recipe-6786.aspx.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I always do gingerbread... I make the most amazing soft gingerbread cookies, lol, and they're frosted like little works of art. I spend days making them for my fiances work friends. lol
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Cake ball truffles. It's just 2 cups cake crumbs, 2 TBSP powdered sugar, 2 TBSP cocoa, 2 TBSP raspberry liquer (or khalua, or whatever else you may like), or for alcohol free, 2 TBSP flavored non-dairy creamer. I usually add 1/4 cup mini chock chips or chopped nuts. Simply roll into balls. I sometimes roll my balls in shaved white chocolate, or finely ground nuts. Or milk chocolate. Or powdered sugar. It's kind of anything goes!
  • NewMK08
    Mmmm! Thanks for the ideas! I'm hungry now :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    You could do a homemade sauce, like peppermint, fudge, etc to be used as a dessert topping.
    I have seen people do special spice bags.
    My mom makes Poppyseed cakes in fancy bundt pans and gives them to families.
    I make homemade truffles.
    You can always snazz up cookies, it just depends on the amount of work you want to do and how much you want to spend.
This discussion has been closed.