Off the subject

mbb8682
mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
I am trying to get pregnant and needless to say it hasn't happened.
I am going on clomid when I start this month and was wondering if any of you mom s out there had been put on this????
Just wondering some of the side effects.

Replies

• mbb8682
    I am trying to get pregnant and needless to say it hasn't happened.
    I am going on clomid when I start this month and was wondering if any of you mom s out there had been put on this????
    Just wondering some of the side effects.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Sorry I haven't even heard of it at all. I was looked at and got preggo, Which I am trying for baby #3 not till I get some more weight off first.

Good Luck!!!!
  • mbb8682
    Thank you.

Good luck with the weight I am doing the same thing also trying to lose those extra ponds before but if not then I will continue to walk everyday.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I never needed any drug help but it took 7 mos to get pregnant with our first and 1 with the second - the difference, a pillow under my rear end to lift my bottom higher and lay there for 15 minutes after - someone suggested it to me - it seemed to have worked.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Never heard of it? GOOD LUCK TO YA THOUGH!
  • Cramping, neusea, head aches.

Though, if you have seis (sp that?) on the ovaries, it could cause them to burst and you can be in serve pain. So just make sure you listen to the doctor 100 percent.

I tried clomid once, just the small dose. You can get pregnant on the first dose but sometimes it can take up to three months of trying. Don't give up if it doesn't happen on the first round.

Things happen and we didn't continue with it because my husband and I decided that it might be better to wait til he gets back to try it again and have kids.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    DOn't professionals say it can take up to 1 year before getting pregnant, even if you are both completely healthy? I've never been pregnant but it took my mom 3 years to conceive her first child and another 2 years to conceive me. It can take time and a lot of patience. You should talk to your doctor THOUROUGHLY before chooseing to take any type of fertility drugs. Many of them are quite new, who knows if there are potentially harmful side effects.
  • mbb8682
    Yeah I will do the pillow thing as well as the clomid and lets all pray it happens he first month.
    My husband is a football and baseball coach so we have tried planning around the seasons but if any of you have children that do both sports it is very close together. So now we are just trying and not sressing.......
  • mbb8682
    Oh I have talked to my doctor she is the one who suggested it because I have had surgery for pre-cancerous cells that were in stage 3 so she wants me to hurry and get pregnant and have all the babies in case we have to do another one and it be in stage 4 then i wouldn't be able to have children.

But you are very right about taking up to a year for you to get pregnant.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Oh I have talked to my doctor she is the one who suggested it because I have had surgery for pre-cancerous cells that were in stage 3 so she wants me to hurry and get pregnant and have all the babies in case we have to do another one and it be in stage 4 then i wouldn't be able to have children.

But you are very right about taking up to a year for you to get pregnant.

In that case I will cross my fingers for you that it works the first month! And that the cells don't come back and that all is well! :flowerforyou:
  • Well in that case, when taking the clomid and doing the pillow trick get a ovalution testing kit. Its easier to plan around a busy life when you know when you are going to ovulate. But yeah its important not to stress out or to think that if you don't get pregnant right away that it will never happen. It will, try to be hopefully and happy. But also don't over work your body, so don't do extreme work outs because it will make it harder to ovulate even on clomid.
  • mbb8682
    Didn't know that so no hard cardio anymore as long as I do something with cardio everyday such as walking or a light jog I should be ok?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I forgot - also it was an every other day thing--really seemed like work at the end of the month :)
  • mbb8682
    Yeah it has something to do with there sperm. We are doing that for sure.
  • Didn't know that so no hard cardio anymore as long as I do something with cardio everyday such as walking or a light jog I should be ok?

Yes, a light jog or walk is fine to do. It helps get rid of lots of stress.
  • mbb8682
    So very true and it is such a mind clearer.
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    I have known a couple of ladies who have tried this medication and in the end, it was their hubbies who had the low sperm count or no viable sperm. I don't know your husbands or your history-just an FYI. Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • mbb8682
    Thank you that will be our next step if this doesn't work.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    I got pregnant 2 weeks after getting married, my Periods started 2 days before the big day and carried on for 4 thereafter , 2 weeks after the last day of my periods I was pregnant but I had never taken the pill or any form of contraceptive and I was actually rather thin. Maybe the fact that I had never taken contraceptives,was thin AND in my early 20 helped?
    Good luck to you both, just don't worry about it. The more you worry and get anxious the more your body will get stressed and will not want to fall pregnant.

DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.
  • mbb8682
    Thank you.

I have been on the pill since I was 15 so that was a good 11 years of it so all I can do is hope.
This discussion has been closed.