Back in the game!!!!

FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I am trying my hardest to feel happy these days and I am getting back into my hardcore working out . I am also kinda fighting a cold and I am struggling to run but I have power walked in a substitution. But today although I did it for ten minutes in 30 degree weather I got my running groove back. I am gonna sign up for a winter race to keep motivated. I am gonna run tommorrow morning and get way back into it!!!!!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    I am trying my hardest to feel happy these days and I am getting back into my hardcore working out . I am also kinda fighting a cold and I am struggling to run but I have power walked in a substitution. But today although I did it for ten minutes in 30 degree weather I got my running groove back. I am gonna sign up for a winter race to keep motivated. I am gonna run tommorrow morning and get way back into it!!!!!!!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Hi Joani,
    Glad to hear you're trying to fight those blues. :flowerforyou: I started running after my divorce, partly to exercise the dogs because I was living in an apartment, but really for the stress relief. There really is something to say about that endorphin rush. Keep checking in daily with the runner's group. We will keep you motivated. Giving yourself a goal by signing up for a race is a great way to keep your interest up. Even better if you can find a running partner. It is amazing how much stronger the motivation to get out of bed for a run gets if you know somebody is out there waiting for you.
    Good luck! (And I hope things work out with the BF!)
  • FitJoani
    as far as a running partner, I unfortunately have NO ONE who will either wake up at 4 am(which will be my before work run day time) or brave the cold. But we runners know that it takes that 110 or 10 degree temps rain snow sun clouds(no ice) to get conditioned. I may get snojoggers which are basically snow running boots. I hopwe everything goes ok on satuarday. If we work thru it then its meant to be if not then of course I will ball like a baby and then move on and find someone who is worthy. Thank you for the good wishes. I will update sunday afetr I get off work...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!