Shout Out from a Proud Mama!

MargieM
MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
Sooooo - I have to share this. My 10 year old (5th grade) daughter called me yesterday afternoon and could hardly contain herself. She checked the mail when she got home and found a package from the State Honors Choir! She got in! Whoo Hoo! So now she has to learn and memorize 8 songs by the end of January. Then we'll be in Indy for two days of intense rehearsals and a concert. I am sooooo proud of her! Then we found out that one of her best friends made it also! So she gets to share the experience with her friend too! (plus we can carpool - even better!)

Okay - back to the mundane now..... :laugh:

Replies

• MargieM
    Sooooo - I have to share this. My 10 year old (5th grade) daughter called me yesterday afternoon and could hardly contain herself. She checked the mail when she got home and found a package from the State Honors Choir! She got in! Whoo Hoo! So now she has to learn and memorize 8 songs by the end of January. Then we'll be in Indy for two days of intense rehearsals and a concert. I am sooooo proud of her! Then we found out that one of her best friends made it also! So she gets to share the experience with her friend too! (plus we can carpool - even better!)

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    That's great! You must be so proud :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

Tooooo cool-- that's wonderful! Congrats to your lil' songbird and her proud mama!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Awesome news, Margie!! :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    How wonderful!! Congratulations to your daughter and to you too. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Congrats! that is so great!:flowerforyou: :happy:

-danielle
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Awww, how sweet! I hope this is just the beginning of wonderful things for her! Congrats to you both! :flowerforyou:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Yay, how exciting!! You must be so proud!
  • MargieM
    Thanks everyone! I am VERY proud of her. She's a great kid and pretty talented (if I do say so myself :bigsmile: ). It should be a lot of fun and a great learning experience for her. Not to mention we love spending time in Indy!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    That is so cool, Margie! give her my congratulations!
    00020273.gif
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    :flowerforyou: Yeah Margie!!!!!! Congrats to your daughter....and you!!!
This discussion has been closed.