Wedding DJ Update, more help needed

kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
Ok, As I said yesterday I emailed him to politely let him no that we would no longer be using his services. Today I received an email back and it said this:

"Hello. My name is
and I'm
's wife. My husband has been in the hospital for 3 weeks ( in and out ) and I'm trying to answer his emails as best I can. He told me please not worry. The tracking # is good, but the envelope was in his case to be mailed that day. I did put it the mail yesterday. I am very sorry for all that has happened and we are expecting him back and full force within a week. I will leave it up to him if he wants to go in more details with his clients.Online, the letter shows it at the
plant so within a day or 2 you should get it.Thank you for your understanding. "

I have blanked out personal details for provacy reasons.

This sounds like total BS to me, but now I don't know what to do. I'm so aggravated I don't think I could handle having him at my wedding, even if he did a fab job and was great from here on out. Should I just write her back and say thanks but no thanks? Or should I tell her to have him call or email me when I can so I can outright tell him myself? Or should I wait til I get home and tell him face to face in a meeting? I don't know, but I know that if I wait to long, fifnding a new DJ may be tough. I'm almost in tear sI'm so upset, planning a wedding shouldn't be this upsetting, shouldn't it be a happy time?:ohwell:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Ok, As I said yesterday I emailed him to politely let him no that we would no longer be using his services. Today I received an email back and it said this:

"Hello. My name is
    and I'm
    's wife. My husband has been in the hospital for 3 weeks ( in and out ) and I'm trying to answer his emails as best I can. He told me please not worry. The tracking # is good, but the envelope was in his case to be mailed that day. I did put it the mail yesterday. I am very sorry for all that has happened and we are expecting him back and full force within a week. I will leave it up to him if he wants to go in more details with his clients.Online, the letter shows it at the
    plant so within a day or 2 you should get it.Thank you for your understanding. "

I have blanked out personal details for provacy reasons.

This sounds like total BS to me, but now I don't know what to do. I'm so aggravated I don't think I could handle having him at my wedding, even if he did a fab job and was great from here on out. Should I just write her back and say thanks but no thanks? Or should I tell her to have him call or email me when I can so I can outright tell him myself? Or should I wait til I get home and tell him face to face in a meeting? I don't know, but I know that if I wait to long, fifnding a new DJ may be tough. I'm almost in tear sI'm so upset, planning a wedding shouldn't be this upsetting, shouldn't it be a happy time?:ohwell:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I would email her back to have him contact you as soon as possible. From there you can decide if you want to continue his services or personally tell him it's not gonna work out.
    It is urget business, in the hospital or not.
    It's not like this was the first time you asked for it.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    I don't know the whole story so I can't give advice...but just wanted to give you some encouragement!

Parts of wedding planning can be very upsetting!! But just think and shoot for the end result. It will all be worth it in the end. Don't fret too much about the small details, yes you want your wedding to be perfect...BUT what doesn't end up getting done, no one will have to know that it was "supposed to" happen. The point of a wedding is to get married...if you go home at the end of the day with rings on your fingers and that all important document signed...then you have accomplished your goal...

I just got married a little over a year ago and that's how my husband and I looked at it. We still had hard decisions, upsetting times, etc. but it made them easier to just push aside and not dwell too hard on. We had a couple little mishaps on the big day...but in our eyes, our wedding WAS PERFECT!!!
  • kerrilucko
    I don't know the whole story so I can't give advice...but just wanted to give you some encouragement!

Parts of wedding planning can be very upsetting!! But just think and shoot for the end result. It will all be worth it in the end. Don't fret too much about the small details, yes you want your wedding to be perfect...BUT what doesn't end up getting done, no one will have to know that it was "supposed to" happen. The point of a wedding is to get married...if you go home at the end of the day with rings on your fingers and that all important document signed...then you have accomplished your goal...

I just got married a little over a year ago and that's how my husband and I looked at it. We still had hard decisions, upsetting times, etc. but it made them easier to just push aside and not dwell too hard on. We had a couple little mishaps on the big day...but in our eyes, our wedding WAS PERFECT!!!

Thanks for the encouragement... but this isn't a small detail, this is a DJ that has taken 4 months to get a copy of a contract to me, and who won't return my calls and emails. This will cost me 450$ and god only know if I will even have a DJ show up.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    I as well don't know the whole story but go with your gut about it beacuse I so should have with my DJ and fired him before and didn't because I felt bad.

weigh your options do you have time to find another DJ is this guy reliable (sounds like not). Do a pro-con list.

Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Did you check the tracking number yourself to see if the wife's story was legit?

If he is going to supposedly be in "full force" by the end of the week - I suggest you email back and state that you want to set a date and time for a phone call discussion within the week about his services, and you can go from there.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    I would still probably go find another DJ, it still sounds really fishy to me, with him being in the hospital for 3 weeks, in and out, hummm something is going on with that. I would still probably cut my ties with this man and move on to another DJ.

Good Luck!!!!

Have you checked the tracking number???
  • kerrilucko
    I did check the tracking number but for some reason it is dated the 12th, and it does say it is in shippment. It just seems to me like... he's been in and out of hospital... why didn't the thing get mailed earlier (it was supposed to be sent almost a month a go, he TOLD me it had been) and also, why does it say the 12th if she sent it yesterday? and also why is she replying now, the day aftfer I pretty much fired him, but not to the last 3 urgent emails I sent over the month? I just feel like he's like "oh crap! Gotta fix this" and guys I have to say, I bet he's an amazing DJ, we met with him face to face and he is so talkative and friendly and just a great guy, but it is the business side that is concerning me right now, so I just. ugh. My tummy is all upset and ugh. I am waiting until my Fiance gets home from work to decide exactly what to do. :ohwell:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Breathe....
    Talk it over with your fiance and see what he thinks.
    It sounds kinda fishy to me....the whole story.
  • "I'm almost in tear sI'm so upset, planning a wedding shouldn't be this upsetting, shouldn't it be a happy time"

Two words come to mind when I read this: wedding planner!!! :smile: In my former life I used to be one so when I see stuff like this you're absolutely right. It shouldn't be this upsetting so ditch this guy and get yourself a new DJ. Your gut is usually right, so go with it!

Heidi
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    I am so sorry you are going through all of this. See if you can have a date and time to meet with him again and make sure you two are on the same page.

Its your big day and you want it to be special.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member

Thanks for the encouragement... but this isn't a small detail, this is a DJ that has taken 4 months to get a copy of a contract to me, and who won't return my calls and emails. This will cost me 450$ and god only know if I will even have a DJ show up.

No, I didn't mean this was a small detail... Hope that I didn't come across like that. I would also say go with your gut feeling. We didn't really like our photographer...and just said whatever and went with him anyway...and now wish we didn't. I just meant...whatever happens, happens...and don't let it ruin your big day!!! If the DJ doesn't work out and you can't find another one, they do have these digital jukebox type things that have 1000s of songs in them...you can set them up to play certain playlists and push play and there you go. I know if your heart is set on a DJ then this probably won't cut it. I was just putting it out there. That's what we did...it was cheap...and we were happy!
This discussion has been closed.