Lighting your fireplace

2»

Replies

• kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    I have three that really come to mind.......:flowerforyou:

Fires outside.......it reminds me of camping with my family when I was younger. I smell it alot here in SC near the mountains. We're not far from the Smoky Mtn. national park and many many other campgrounds. Sometimes, too, when it rains out here and its like a steady slow rain and kind of humid in the air it smells like a campground too. I love it. th_smalldancingman.gif

And I wubs me the smell of someone cooking out on the grill..drool.gif

And in the spring when we open all the windows in the house........the smell reminds me of my house I grew up in. My mom would open all the windows and I remember the clothes hanging out on the clothes line, and us kids just running around playing like a bunch of little crazy people. I remember my friend and I used to make up dance routines on our front porch. wub.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Oddly enough, the smell of Budweiser reminds me of my great grandpa. He used to sit on their enclosed porch & drink a beer to get away from my great grandma & his 3 daughters on holidays. I would hang out there with him, play with their dog & he'd sneek me candy. :bigsmile: Aaahhh...good family memories. LOL

My mom & dad heat their house with a wood burning stove so I also have a lot of comfort in the smell of that.
  • 3babybeans
    OOhhh! Kellch! You reminded me of another smell. Lake Erie in the summer! That smell takes me back to when my husband & I were dating. We spent a lot of time out at Maumee Bay every year. It smells good from a distance, but then on the beach, you realize it is just a lot of dead fish. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Well, let's see, the smell of pine trees and Snickerdoodles means that it's Christmas.

But I have a slightly different and warped story for ya, muyhahahaha....:devil: We used to have a Lab/Goldie mix, that was a champ at hunting! She, in particular, enjoyed hunting down the deer gut piles :sick: that we would hide about a half mile (or better) away from the house. Inevitably, she would find the pile, roll in it, and eat until her stomach was bulging! :noway: Then for the next week, she would stink to high heaven, and have the most grotesque farts in the world!:grumble: :cry:

That's lovely. :huh: I've had a few "rollers" myself...I'd rather not think of those smells. :laugh:
  • kellch
    Oddly enough, the smell of Budweiser reminds me of my great grandpa. He used to sit on their enclosed porch & drink a beer to get away from my great grandma & his 3 daughters on holidays. I would hang out there with him, play with their dog & he'd sneek me candy. :bigsmile: Aaahhh...good family memories. LOL

My mom & dad heat their house with a wood burning stove so I also have a lot of comfort in the smell of that.

Speaking of beer.......We live by a river and we used to go camping and tube down the river. My dad and his friend used to get a tube just for their cooler of beer and tie it between them. And when I got old enough they let me drink too. :drinker: :bigsmile: The smell of beer....when my fiance and I go down to the river to throw the stick for the dog and we drink a couple beers the smell of river and beer reminds me of that too. Good times good times:drinker:
  • kellch
    OOhhh! Kellch! You reminded me of another smell. Lake Erie in the summer! That smell takes me back to when my husband & I were dating. We spent a lot of time out at Maumee Bay every year. It smells good from a distance, but then on the beach, you realize it is just a lot of dead fish. :laugh:

Yes...smell of dead fish reminds me of back home at Lake Erie :laugh: :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Just don't get too close & you're good. :sick: :wink:
  • kellch
    :laugh:
    Just don't get too close & you're good. :sick: :wink:

:laugh: :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Did I destroy this thread with talk of beer & dead fish? :huh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Aqua Velva after shave. When I was a kid I loved the way my dad smelled right after he had shaved and put on Aqua Velva after shave. Everything was right with the world. :bigsmile:

Old Spice is what my dad used. He use to put some in hand pat his cheeks and then pat it on our cheeks :happy:

Oh! My dad used to do that too! And take the blade out of his razor and let me 'shave'.... :smooched:

Ditto. My younger sis still has a scar on her face from when she tried to shave and the blade was sill in the razor. OOOPS!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Opps is right! Oh man, that's too funny! Well...not funny, but you know what I mean. :wink:

:laugh: Yeah, she's fine though. You can barely see the scar after all these years. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.