TALL JEANS WANTED...

Mufasa0331
Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
Ok so I need some new jeans...which is a great thing...but I am so frustrated.
they are NEVER long enough!

from the heel of my foot to the top inside of my leg (call it what you will..lol) is 35.6" so basically the way I see it I need a 36" inseam pant-not so common I am finding out.

Old Navy offers pants in that length but guess what...they don't fit. My thighs have always been in good shape but the pants are so damn tight I cannot move.-plus for the actual 36" inseam instead of the instore 34" you have to order offline...and that is annoying to me. How do I know they will fit?

NY&Co offers pants in tall...but if the jeans fit me in the waist they are super baggy in the legs and usually fall right at the top of my foot...which isn't cutting it for me.

I know Lane Bryant has their "new right fit" which do seem to fit well and go figure I am a "yellow" becaue I am shaped like a rectangle but I was just trying to avoid that store if at all possible...

I am not big on name brands I just want something that will last a little while and will not make me look like I am waiting on the flood...

any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks!

Replies

• Mufasa0331

from the heel of my foot to the top inside of my leg (call it what you will..lol) is 35.6" so basically the way I see it I need a 36" inseam pant-not so common I am finding out.

Old Navy offers pants in that length but guess what...they don't fit. My thighs have always been in good shape but the pants are so damn tight I cannot move.-plus for the actual 36" inseam instead of the instore 34" you have to order offline...and that is annoying to me. How do I know they will fit?

NY&Co offers pants in tall...but if the jeans fit me in the waist they are super baggy in the legs and usually fall right at the top of my foot...which isn't cutting it for me.

I know Lane Bryant has their "new right fit" which do seem to fit well and go figure I am a "yellow" becaue I am shaped like a rectangle but I was just trying to avoid that store if at all possible...

I am not big on name brands I just want something that will last a little while and will not make me look like I am waiting on the flood...

Thanks!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I have the opposite problem.... "Short" jeans are too short and "Average" jeans are too long!

You'd think the clothing industry would cater to us, not the other way around!!!

Good luck in your search, hon. I have no advice. I'm stuck in badly lengthed jeans too!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member

Thanks!

Having worked at Lane Bryant for almost 4 years and recently leaving there I completely understand wanting to avoid that store. But I've gotta tell you this. I found the absolute best trouser jeans in the entire world there. They're the new "right-fit" jeans and, while I'm a red and you're a yellow, I can honestly say that they will ABSOLUTELY be long enough for you. I'm 5'11 and even with my heeled boots these jeans almost drag on the ground. They're wonderful. They are $44.50 but I have a coupon I can send you the link for in a PM if you're at all interested! Good luck! :smile:
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Try GAP. My friend Amy is very tall, but kind of triangle shaped as well haha. She buys all of her jeans from there. It's a thought :)
  • Girl! I feel your pain, I am 5'11 and always have to buy tall jeans. I generally buy them from NYC but found a pair a kohls this summer! They were longs and bootcut. Sometimes the Dept. Stores will have them too. (Pennys, Dillars, Macy's) Gap generally has long jeans as well, they fit a tad different than Old Navy. Someone told me Wal-Mart started carrying talls, worth a shot! Let me know what you find because I am always looking too. :-)
  • Gap.com has lots of tall options (and petite as well), though I have not tried them myself. I am nearly 6 feet tall and I have liked my Lane Bryant jeans. I think that if the jeans make you look good and feel good, that's more important than where they came from. However, I am looking forward to expanding my shopping horizons when I get closer to my goal weight!
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    I am also tall and I am not happy unless my pants are touching the floor. I buy my jeans at The Buckle. They have extra long (36") sizes in stock most of the time. They can get expensive, but they look great on and are long enough so they are well worth the money as far as i'm concerned. My favorite brands are Miss Me and Big Star. I so feel your pain. And that measurement you were talking about is your inseam. :tongue:
  • Mufasa0331
    Thanks peeps! I guess it is back to LB for me for the mean time...I can still wear their 14s...

I will check out The Gap and Buckle when I go back to Dallas...shopping here in NC is ok but nothing like my Dallas... :heart:
  • Guess I'm not the only 5'11 girl here
    I'm not sure if the U.S.A. has these stores, 'tallgirl"
    they are awesome, we have one in west edmonton mall

Good luck

Tall girls unite!
    :laugh:
  • walmart or kohls? i always have good luck at walmart.
  • I'm 5'8 but most of my body is legs so I have to buy a tall also!

Recently I found that the Walmart here (Augusta, GA) has started carrying LEI jeans in talls! You should try there...they are only $19.99 a pair.

Hope this helps....
  • Mufasa0331
    I will definitely go try Wal-mart and Khols...my only thing with Wal-mart...it always seems one pant leg is signifacantly shorter than the other lol...
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Have you checked Ross? They offer a variety of brands - hit or miss on sizes but might be worth checking - I buy Levi's for less than $15--I don't buy talls but I've seen them.
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Same problem here....I'm 6' and even 36 inseam could be a little longer. I buy my jeans from Victoria's Secret. You can only get them online, but I find that the sizing charts are helpful. They carry up to 14. What better to way to celebrate your weight loss than buying something from Victoria's Secret!
    Good luck in your search!
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Well I am so impressed with how many tall gals are out there.
    I am 5'11 and my entire life has been a search for the perfect pair of jeans.

My favorite spots to buy them are JCPenneys, Kohls, Eddie Bauer and Old Navy
    It seems like it takes a while to find the perfect pair, but it is always worth the search.

I am really impressed at how many stores actually carry tall sizes now days, I just found a great pair of yoga pants at Target this week for 19.99, in tall :happy:

I think all the tall girls should start a club, :wink:
  • Mufasa0331
    we should definitely start a Tall Girls Club...but the shorties can join too! LOL
This discussion has been closed.