STRESSED

ladybug0416
ladybug0416 Posts: 11 Member
I'm a freshman in college, and I've never been so stressed. I have to have a 4.0 to get into medical school, yet my biology teacher for my first semester turned out to be HORRIBLE. She hasn't taught freshmen in a LONG time and she is teaching BIO 1107 like it's a graduate school class. Nothing on the test is what she teaches, and when she tells us to just read the book, nothing is in there either. I really don't know what I'm going to do.

I live in an apartment style dorm and share a kitchen with three girls. Two of them have boys over every single night. This is fine, but they sit in the living room and are UNGODLY LOUD. I mean they put the TV on as loud as it will go, and I can still hear their conversations perfectly in my room with the door shut because they YELL. Last night I was trying to study and they were running around and literally bouncing off the walls and screaming playing TAG. My boyfriend comes over too, but we are quiet! I can't get to sleep at all because of them. I don't want to make it awkward bc everyday when I come home they are sitting in the living room and it's always so awkward already walking in here.

To make it worse, I bought 3 containers of yogurt to try for breakfast. I put them in the refrigerator and ate one yesterday. I woke up this morning and there was 1 left. So even though I clearly asked them to not eat my food, they did. I know yogurt is really cheap but it's just rude because I plan on eating that for breakfast!! Plus, there was one unopened yogurt in the trash. So, someone threw away their yogurt and ate mine.

just venting..haha

Replies

• ladybug0416
    I'm a freshman in college, and I've never been so stressed. I have to have a 4.0 to get into medical school, yet my biology teacher for my first semester turned out to be HORRIBLE. She hasn't taught freshmen in a LONG time and she is teaching BIO 1107 like it's a graduate school class. Nothing on the test is what she teaches, and when she tells us to just read the book, nothing is in there either. I really don't know what I'm going to do.

I live in an apartment style dorm and share a kitchen with three girls. Two of them have boys over every single night. This is fine, but they sit in the living room and are UNGODLY LOUD. I mean they put the TV on as loud as it will go, and I can still hear their conversations perfectly in my room with the door shut because they YELL. Last night I was trying to study and they were running around and literally bouncing off the walls and screaming playing TAG. My boyfriend comes over too, but we are quiet! I can't get to sleep at all because of them. I don't want to make it awkward bc everyday when I come home they are sitting in the living room and it's always so awkward already walking in here.

To make it worse, I bought 3 containers of yogurt to try for breakfast. I put them in the refrigerator and ate one yesterday. I woke up this morning and there was 1 left. So even though I clearly asked them to not eat my food, they did. I know yogurt is really cheap but it's just rude because I plan on eating that for breakfast!! Plus, there was one unopened yogurt in the trash. So, someone threw away their yogurt and ate mine.

just venting..haha
  • Ugh! That is so terrible!:frown: People have no respect for others, i hate that. The same thing happened to my friend in college only it got so bad she had to file a complaint and leave to live on her own. Her room-mate stole ALL her toilet paper and would acutally hide it from her. And she ate all her food and had people come over all the time and they would be sitting on my friend's bed and using her laptop!! I couldn't believe it when she told me that. I hope everything works out with you though. If it gets really bad though sometimes you just have to yell at them or tell the Dean, or your floor monitor. But good luck!!:smile: And good luck with school, just keep staying on track, screw those people.

:heart: Danielle
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Good luck I was there at one time I finally just talked to them. Or you can always do what was mentioned abouve.

Can you invest in one of those mini fridges?

Are you and these girls friends before you became roomates?
  • ladybug0416
    I think I'm gonna talk to my RA. I can spend the night at my boyfriend's apartment whenever I need to but since my parents spent so much money on things for my room and apartment I feel really guilty never sleeping here!! No we weren't friends before, I guess maybe I was sheltered before college because I was always taught to respect others!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Thats not being sheltered thats called having respect for others. Good luck keep us posted.
  • I am pretty close to the exact same situation.. I am a freshman in college looking to go to medschool with an extremely hard bio teacher also.. i have the same problem.. a lot of the stuff that she tests over she doesnt even teach.. and i understand the whole dorm life thing.. a lot of times when i find my self stressed i just go for a two mile walk with my ipod and let it blair... i just zone out walking by myself and just think about the music for the 30 min to the hour that im gone... it is a big stress reliever for me :) hope that helps... especially since it is coming from someone who is in the exact same boat :)
  • ladybug0416
    Thank you so much!! :smile: I'm glad it's not just me. I think pre-med students always get the hardest bio teachers, because so many students enter college as pre-med and they try to weed out the ones who aren't tough enough. If we really want it we can do it!! :)
This discussion has been closed.