As long as we're on gift ideas . . .

515TeachNRun
515TeachNRun Posts: 6,341 Member
My niece turns 16 Dec. 9. Of course her list for birthday and Christmas is : a car or money or a gift card to some of her favorite clothing stores.

I don't mind the gift card for Christmas, but I'd like to do something special for her Sweet 16. My price range for b'days with nieces and nephews is $20-25.

Any creative ideas? (Besides the Matchbox car to satisfy her car desire :wink: )

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    My niece turns 16 Dec. 9. Of course her list for birthday and Christmas is : a car or money or a gift card to some of her favorite clothing stores.

I don't mind the gift card for Christmas, but I'd like to do something special for her Sweet 16. My price range for b'days with nieces and nephews is $20-25.

Any creative ideas? (Besides the Matchbox car to satisfy her car desire :wink: )
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Sorry, I only have boys....

But what about a "girls day", just you and her, going to get nails done, or facials, or something fun, just the two of you?
  • I remember when I turned 16 I go the old family car to drive around, and it was so frustrating not having a garage door opener (we all enter through the garage) my aunt bought me one the next year.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Charm that says sweet 16

if she's getting a car from mom and dad maybe a vanity license plate for it if that's allowed in your state. Those are some of the things I did for my daughter who turned 16 this year. She also made a "Build A Bear" with her two best friends - maybe you could take her?!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Ohh really liking the spa idea.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Thanks for the great ideas!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Did your aunt get you the car or the garage door opener?

I'm afraid neither are within my budget. Poor kid just survived her mother's second divorce, and I'm fairly certain she will not be getting a car of any sort. Wish I could do that for her!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    what about a nice journal and pen, at 16 I know I had a lot to write about.
    Or picture frames, most teen girls like pictures I think

what do you know about her, dose she have a fav band, movie is she into any clubs/sports at school?
This discussion has been closed.