my friend edie, nwfamilygal

Options
NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
I wanted to put a note here from edie:) She is off and running with her husband and hasn't been able to really get involved in the forum. I wanted to share her success with you gals though because she has benefited so much from this site. She uses the charts and she walks with me(or I walk with her):laugh: :bigsmile: almost every day of the week!!! She started eating her exercise calories the same time I did(November 9). She is 5'5" and "was" 220. She is now down 12 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! She is getting into smaller jeans and tee's:) I know she would want to thank you all for sharing your experience and wisdom here on this forum. If it weren't for that, her and I would still be walking, but not eating enough and therefor, defeating ourselves. God bless all of you!!!!!!! denise in Sams Valley OR

PS I know sometimes we just can't have someone to work out with but if it's possible, I have found that edie and I push eachother, without really realizing it. If you have the right partner, it works that way. I'll say "Im trying to keep up with you today" and she'll say "I was trying to keep up with you":laugh: If one of us is sluggish or low energy(which rarely happens since we started eating right)the other encourages us, or, we get left behind!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: Like I said though, she is gone for a few days now and I walked alone yesterday. It poured rain on me for the first time since I've been walking, LOL!! And hey, I survived and feel great!! The rain jacket came in real handy;)

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    Options
    I wanted to put a note here from edie:) She is off and running with her husband and hasn't been able to really get involved in the forum. I wanted to share her success with you gals though because she has benefited so much from this site. She uses the charts and she walks with me(or I walk with her):laugh: :bigsmile: almost every day of the week!!! She started eating her exercise calories the same time I did(November 9). She is 5'5" and "was" 220. She is now down 12 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! She is getting into smaller jeans and tee's:) I know she would want to thank you all for sharing your experience and wisdom here on this forum. If it weren't for that, her and I would still be walking, but not eating enough and therefor, defeating ourselves. God bless all of you!!!!!!! denise in Sams Valley OR

PS I know sometimes we just can't have someone to work out with but if it's possible, I have found that edie and I push eachother, without really realizing it. If you have the right partner, it works that way. I'll say "Im trying to keep up with you today" and she'll say "I was trying to keep up with you":laugh: If one of us is sluggish or low energy(which rarely happens since we started eating right)the other encourages us, or, we get left behind!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: Like I said though, she is gone for a few days now and I walked alone yesterday. It poured rain on me for the first time since I've been walking, LOL!! And hey, I survived and feel great!! The rain jacket came in real handy;)
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Working out with a buddy is definately a plus! It's good that you have each other and your schedules allow you to come together at the same time to get it done! Congratulations to both of you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Yes, we are blessed to have that opportunity. Although I admit to enjoying time on my own as well:) Today I will walk again on my own and it doesn't go by as fast and I talk to myself a lot, LOL!! Have a great day!! denise;)
    Working out with a buddy is definately a plus! It's good that you have each other and your schedules allow you to come together at the same time to get it done! Congratulations to both of you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!