So what do you think of the new forums?

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    edited October 2014
    Rachel wrote: »
    Hey hey, check it out...
    Until now, Forums and Groups have been accessible only to users of our full website. We’re thrilled to announce: that’s about to change!

In the coming weeks, we’ll be bringing Forums and Groups to users of our iPhone, Android, and iPad apps. We’ll also be delivering an improved Forum experience to our website users as part of the expansion.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1691231-a-message-about-our-forum-update

:flowerforyou:

This I like, and the ease to add pictures, and the star feature...but can we have our tickers back, please? :\ and definitely more emoticons would be awesome because I like to be expressive and stuff. I also agree with the need for the forum layout to be wider. Is anyone else missing their groups? Maybe I just haven't stumbled across them yet, I'll keep looking. I know under the groups tab up top they're still there, but I liked being able to see them along with the forums...
    ETA I should mention I'm using my laptop right now*
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I had to log in again to be able to comment... odd. Also, the smilies are even more limited, not that I thought that was actually possible. :|

There are actually more but you need to type through the commands like you would before. :cookie: just start typing the colon : and it will bring up a list of smilies type a letter and it will bring up different ones than initially shown.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Steven wrote: »
    (Hot tip: click the star at the top of any topic you want to follow and you can jump to those topics in the star menu at the top right… and when you return to a topic, you're placed at the last post you read)

Does this mean that those I've posted to in the past won't be appearing anywhere for me unless I track them down and star them?

Ok I accidently found them - I had notifications, clicked all notifications, and it brought up a page where there was a list of things, including Replies, and that brought up all the replies I posted in various threads. Not sure the links work but at least they can be found. So set up a notification and when you get a few select all notifications and you can get to that page - not sure how else to get to it yet but at least you can find your old posts again.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    I'm not sure what to think of the new forums. Some things are better, but I think the new format is going to take some getting used to.

I also do NOT like that our tickers are now missing. I am going to try posting mine as an attached image to see if it works that way.

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    It works but it looks STUPID :\
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    how did you do that?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Weight loss tickers are coming btw, it's on the staff's list of things to do
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    215214.png
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    71124836.png
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    ah so you have to use BBCode to do it. not thinking that is worth the trouble to do each time and I am REALLY hoping MFP will bring our tickers back!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Time will tell.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    It's going to take some getting used to, but I think I like it.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    ah so you have to use BBCode to do it. not thinking that is worth the trouble to do each time and I am REALLY hoping MFP will bring our tickers back!
    Definitely just a workaround for phase one of the update.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Where did my favorite thread go? Why is MFP doing this? My group was the most helpful on the site.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    If the daily wave of spam stops, then I'm happy.
  • Steven
    Zerodette wrote: »
    If the daily wave of spam stops, then I'm happy.

WAY better spam prevention and controls here. We haven't been putting resources (other than manual labor) into solving the spam problem in forums for the past months because resources were going into this move, where spam tools are absolutely superior
  • Steven
    Where did my favorite thread go? Why is MFP doing this? My group was the most helpful on the site.

Please click "Groups" at the top of the page, and see if your group is on that page. We imported ALL content from the forums and groups, as far as we are aware...
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    blazepurr wrote: »
    I'm liking this so far, just not the huge amounts of white everywhere. Our posts need borders of some sort, almost like when text is quoted. And it would be good to be able to find all threads that we've commented on without having to star them and get notifications for every comment. Other than that the added comment functions are sweet. :heart_eyes:

66323858.png

If you go to all notifications you can see all your posts including the ones from before the update. Just click on Replies. Can't figure out how to get to that page without going through all notifications - looks like it should be related to profile but that doesn't seem to go directly to it. Kind of a pain but if you just post one notification you can use that to get to the page at least.