Women 5'4 - 5"5 with results + Pictures

Replies

• Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Amazing. Wow!
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    It's so interesting to see women who are the same heigh and weight as me wearing such different sizes. I'm 5'4" and 143 pounds. I saw someone who was the same wearing a size 8 dress, which would be big on me even in the 150s. Body type and shape fascinates me.

maybe they are in a different country? in the USA I think their size 8 equates to a UK size 12. and a UK size 8 is a USA size 4
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    out of interest, do you fellow shorties diet differently to tall peeps? anyone use the petite advantage diet? it says weird stuff like short women should avoid cardio and only weight train
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    It's so interesting to see women who are the same heigh and weight as me wearing such different sizes. I'm 5'4" and 143 pounds. I saw someone who was the same wearing a size 8 dress, which would be big on me even in the 150s. Body type and shape fascinates me.

maybe they are in a different country? in the USA I think their size 8 equates to a UK size 12. and a UK size 8 is a USA size 4

True! I should look at that. Regardless, I see some US gals weighing the same and wearing quite different sizes too.
  • chickadee1014
    chickadee1014 Posts: 12 Member
    Your lovely ....pix amazing.... X
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    30lbsgone_zps73510402.jpg?t=1412610200

Hope that worked. Pic on left is from Mother's Day (May 11th) and pic on right is from last weekend. 30 lb difference.

SW 181.5
    CW 150
    GW 140 (for now)

tried to help you with your picture, Tracy...it is too big though. :( would love to see your after since we have similar SW. I was about 189 and am now at 140. Check out my photos a couple pages back.
  • pensarepink
    pensarepink Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 5'5. SW: 220+, CW: 155. Still wanna lose about 15-20 more lbs, but I'm getting there.

5PYAMRO.jpg?1

Love your face in the before pic! I think we've all been there.

Great loss! You look fantastic!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    out of interest, do you fellow shorties diet differently to tall peeps? anyone use the petite advantage diet? it says weird stuff like short women should avoid cardio and only weight train

That's not weird. That's just solid advice for everyone, not only short women. I went from 23% to 16% bodyfat in a few months doing resistance training 3xweek with a few days of walking and zero heavy cardio. (Also, I'm also 5'6 now instead of 5'5 - I put it down to better posture.)

HW: 235 (maybe - probably - more)
    SW (MFP): 162
    CW: 133-138 (maintaining since Dec/13.)
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    I finally figured it out! Picture should be visible and resized. Sorry!
  • thoyamma
    thoyamma Posts: 22 Member
    Bump....
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member

tried to help you with your picture, Tracy...it is too big though. :( would love to see your after since we have similar SW. I was about 189 and am now at 140. Check out my photos a couple pages back.

jcraig10 ~Thank you. I finally figured out how to fix it.

Your after pic is fantastic! Great job!!!!!
  • JessMason24
    JessMason24 Posts: 38 Member
    bump
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    TracyV125 wrote: »

jcraig10 ~Thank you. I finally figured out how to fix it.

Your after pic is fantastic! Great job!!!!!

Yay! I can see your pics now...great work, you look fabulous!
    And thank you!

• cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    incredible and inspiring transformations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!