Where is the coolest place you have ever been?

Replies

• LorishFit
    LorishFit Posts: 12 Member
    I love Firenze (Florencia), Italy... it was so beautiful, old and full of history and art.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Puerto Rico! I almost forgot because I went when I was like 10 but it was so beautiful and Old San Juan had such a unique and interesting feel to it. It also gets extra points because well, I'm puerto rican so <3
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    In response to people suggesting Toronto, I would highly recommend Quebec City. It's very small for a city and the Old City is very close to the original fortress built way, way, way back in the day. It's the only city left in North America that has its original fortress walls.

Then, if you want some wilderness, as soon as you leave the city (less than 30 minute drive from the very centre of the city) there's nothing but rolling old mountains and small villages for a solid 2 hour drive, if you drive further inland, where you'll hit Montreal. If you choose to drive north, make sure you fill up your tank before you leave and bring a little extra because civilization is few and far between.
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    I live in MT, and I do have to say we have some very breath-taking views in the mountains. The next best place was Mt. Fuji in Japan...but I have to confess it felt like I was back home, so that might be why I liked it so much.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Coolest man made place has been walking outside the CN tower in Toronto in a harness.

Nature wise it's Canyonlands near Moab, nature at it's finest!!

Honorable mention to Whistler, BC and mountain biking down it!
  • I've been to a lot of cool places, but I'd say Frasier Island, Australia was the coolest.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    I've been to a lot of cool places, but I'd say Frasier Island, Australia was the coolest.

my god that looks amazing!

so many great ideas in this thread
  • bmoncada1
    bmoncada1 Posts: 477 Member
    In response to people suggesting Toronto, I would highly recommend Quebec City. It's very small for a city and the Old City is very close to the original fortress built way, way, way back in the day. It's the only city left in North America that has its original fortress walls.

Then, if you want some wilderness, as soon as you leave the city (less than 30 minute drive from the very centre of the city) there's nothing but rolling old mountains and small villages for a solid 2 hour drive, if you drive further inland, where you'll hit Montreal. If you choose to drive north, make sure you fill up your tank before you leave and bring a little extra because civilization is few and far between.

@chivalryder - my only complaint is that when I was there the city seemed to shut down at 6pm. Malls closed early, it was a ghost town.
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    Hawaii - Oahu, Maui, and Kawaii
  • davemacdonald1
    davemacdonald1 Posts: 199 Member
    Bruges, Belgium
  • Floated through the Suez Canal. Width of the flight deck was wider than the canal so when we looked over the side it appeared as though we were moving on land.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    The Beautiful State of Maine, my 2nd home! :)

Mount-Desert-Island-in-Maine.jpg
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Santorini gets my vote for gorgeous scenery, delicious food and amazing manscapes...I took a four day weekend by myself there for R&R and had the most marvelous time!

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    edited October 2014
    Road trip! Enjoy LA and all that it has to offer and then drive up Pacific Coast Highway from Morrow Bay to Monterey. It's gorgeous.

5867106-Twisty_roads_for_hours_Big_Sur.jpg?version=2
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    The Great Barrier Reef in Australia. I had the opportunity to snorkel and scuba dive the Barrier Reed, words can't even describe it!
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Grand Tetons/Yellowstone area. Amazing and beautiful, and buffalo everywhere!!!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    walked the Great Wall of China 2011 fantastic experience
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Glacier National Park. Breathtaking...
    Fall_Colors_Glacier_National_Park.JPG
    makes me homesick just looking at it.
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Love love love Venice, Italy, want to go back
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2014
    I really enjoyed the Grand Canyon, very awe inspiring. The same trip we went to Colorado and that was really cool too, and that was before weed was legalized. ;)
    The mountains were pretty and we spent a lot of time exploring cliff dwellings.

But by far the prettiest place I've ever been was up and down the coast of Oregon. Would LOVE to go back one day.