Would you sell your pet for $140,000?

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Id sell family members for that........even half that and then some.......
    pets no , siblings...........ABSOLUTELY
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    I can understand if you really needed the money for life saving treatment or you had to have money to feed your family but my Lilly is a part of my family so it would be like asking me to sell me child.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Noooo, it would be like selling my baby!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I really love my cat, so I would have to say no.

But they are welcome to my wife and all 3 kids for $50 in Starbuck's coupons.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    " I would die before losing my dogs"............."I'd resort to prostitution".........."no money is worth the bond with my pets"...........you folks are either delusional or wealthy...........with $140k sitting right in front of you, that little creature would be gone gone gone

Nice judging you got going there.

• t_middle
    t_middle Posts: 16 Member
    How is this even a legit question? LOL NO I would never sell any of my animals for any amount of money!
  • erasure999
    erasure999 Posts: 30 Member
    My dog is mental, so I'd absolutely give him up :smile:
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Wouldn't even need that many zeroes....
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    cat, maybe. they are not as attached to us, they are more attached to their house. my dog, no no no way in hell! ;)
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    for the dog, yes. my house no.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    I really love my cat, so I would have to say no.

But they are welcome to my wife and all 3 kids for $50 in Starbuck's coupons.

Now that was funny! :)
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Done... let's do this quickly!
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2014
    Family members? Depends on the day. Dog? Absolutely not, she's a better friend and companion than most humans.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Which pet? Nah. I'm just kidding. They're like my kids. I'm their family and they look to me for protection and love. I could never do that to them. The guilt would not be worth it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Cat's are very linked to their territory. Anyone who's moved a cat knows it's hard on the creature. We are looking to sell our house and move in about a year. Our three senior-citizen kitties will take it hard. Would it be kinder to let the new owner keep them? It depends on the cat and the new owner. One of ours feels pretty safe if he's with us and will probably make the trip fine. Another is going to be in a state of abject panic over the whole thing. Whether this will end up being hardest on the humans is totally up to the cats.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/tiffany-the-cat-is-worth-140000-no-kitten-around/story-fni0fit3-1227089364137?nk=c88479228247eed44d29030084408293

The comments section shows some interesting debate - what do you think? If someone offered you alot of money for your house on the condition that your pet stayed, would you take it?

Nope, nope and nope.

Some things are not for sale.

The ONLY exception would be if I were about to be in the street and would have no choice but to find my pet a new home, anyway, AND I knew the people would love and care for my pet. But if I had any other choice, no way.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    cat, maybe. they are not as attached to us, they are more attached to their house. my dog, no no no way in hell! ;)
    Um ... Cats get very attached to people and the other pets they live with. I have watched cats actually mourn.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    I love my cat I do she is such a beauiful loving creature. But, beautiful loving creature that she is for 140K she would totally be into it and understand why I had to sell her.... sold!! ;-)
  • cneb
    cneb Posts: 12 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Might even leave one of my kids behind.

Lmfao
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    My dog is like my child, so no. Yes, 140k could change your life but my dog has changed my life in ways that all the money in the world cannot buy.