Carb Counting

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Bookwitch
    Welcome to this topic Carb counting

How many carbs a day do you get. I think that is what I need to o count my carbs. But don't know how many I need to get to get my numbers down. That is a major health report. Hope you post more often here and tell us how you accomplish those great numbers. I am fighting this for 20 years. So glad to read your story. There is help if you just knew what to do. Mine is running around 7.0
    Marie
    Be looking forward to reading more from you.
    Marie
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Marie, there isn't a set amount of carbohydrate per meal or snack that works well for everyone. By keeping track of what you eat and how much carbohydrate it contains, then testing your blood sugar, you'll start to see what works the best for you. You can also work with a dietitian/diabetes educator to help you figure out a range of carbohydrate for meals and snacks. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Its been awhile since I been by here So since I am counting carbs I thought I might drop by.

I am on the Low carb, high fat diet and moderate protein group Here on face book. so far I am loving the WOE.
    have not lost any in fact gain some but I am not discourage I think it will take my body a little time to get used to this way of eating.
    I am keeping my carb count down to 50 grams a day. Lots of oil Lots of veggies and small amount of protein. I did lose a lb this morning. So Happy.
    Breakfasts was sauté kale, onion, mushrooms, Bacon and some of the fat. coffee with coconut oil in it.

Have a wonderful day
    Marie
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Hi Marie! It's so good to hear this positive update from you, and I'm glad you're feeling good. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my daily meals
    For this week
    8 Am BPC 1 cup
    10:30 2 scramble eggs with 1 T. HWC 2 slices of bacon cooked then add scramble eggs
    12:30 Pm another cup of PBC
    3:00PM 2 scramble eggs with 1 T. HWC 2 slices of bacon cooked then ad
    5:30 hamburger Pattie and a green veggies
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have been eating the low carb high fat and moderate protein and the lbs are dropping. Happy Happy

not real fast but steady
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am trying to keep my carbs to 10 to 15 carbs per meal and the same for 1 snack a day.
    For breakfast I had 12 net carbs.this morning.

Marie
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I count calories and carbs. I keep my carb count under 100g. a day unless I have worked out and can have a few more. But I don't use net carbs...for me, it's too tempting to go over. I lose about a pound a week that way...not too fast, not too slow. :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good job. I think low carb is the way to go.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I look for this earlier but did not find it and hear it just popped up
    Be back tomorrow if I can find it again.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Info icon
    This content cannot be displayed in a frame Do anyone knows what this means It appear write below post reply

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have got to remember this
    People have got to learn: if they don't have cookies in the cookie jar, they can't eat cookies.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My husband has a cookie jar and it sure is hard to stay way from them with having a low blood reading Now I am eating a apple when I have a low count. but am trying real hard not to get any more lows. My apples are rather large so I just eat 1/2 of one and that settle my blood count without those sweet cookies Oreo When there is a will there is a way.
    Marie
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I like the way you're working at this from two different angles Marie: using 1/2 apple to treat a low instead of cookies, and also working to avoid lows. Great ideas! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Lynn glad to see you drop in What is your take on 60 carbs a day? Do you mind us asking you questions about our diets I am trying real hard this time around
    To all low carbers..

2530381yxr1xeyyxu.gif
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good afternoon folks

I am leaning how to cook in foil packets and loving it and the food taste fantastic hardly any mess to clean up
    ********************************************************************************************
    B- Kroger diet shake
    L left over from last night. Was good then and good again at lunch_ foiled packet of Sausage, slice sweet potatoes English peas I am counting 1 cup as 15 grams of carbs for that is what I was taught long time ago of casseroles
    Dinner- will be another foil packet meal of Hamburger meat Mix vegetables 1/2 c diced tomatoes Salt and pepper 1 cup coffee after dinner Will cook more than one serving so I will have lunch for tomorrow
    S- 1/.2 apple When needed

I am not up to cooking regular meals so this is working fine for me. Will see if it does the job in a week or so.
    Marie
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Hi Marie. I can't give specific recommendations, and as you know there isn't one set amount of carbohydrate that's currently recommended for everyone. Have you talked with your doctor about the amount of carbohydrate to aim for? I agree with you about cooking in foil, and it's a tasty and easy way to cook lots of different foods. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lynn I have been trying for the longest for my doctor to tell me how many carbs I should be eating and none of them will tell me. I have also been wanting to see a diabetic educator and she does not act like I didn't say anyting. Maybe I need to call my health insurance and see if they can tell me of one in my area. I do blame the doctor and the health insurance for not helping diabetic to learn more. I even went to a diabetic doctor and no help there either. But they sure push the pills I got where I don't complain about anything for that just make more medicaton for me Sorry about the complaints
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am cooking meat loaf in foil using oat fiber as a binding. Will have green beans with it hope it is ediable--Marie
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I'm sorry you're not able to get clear guidance about carbohydrate Marie. Calling your health insurance for diabetes educators in your area sounds like a great idea. I hope the meatloaf turned out good - I made meatloaf last night as well! ~Lynn /Glucerna