Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Replies

• vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    I found this thread just at the right time, I've been stressed/frustrated all day about everything to do with calorie counting and have been considering just eating up to my maintenance in Tim Tams and Oreos.

Just for tonight (it's already 10pm here in Oz!) :
    1. I'm going to relax! I'm not a terrible person if I eat up to the amount of calories I'm allowed, and stressing and trying to restrain myself just makes me eat more in panic.
    2. I'm going to plan my food for tomorrow, as when I'm out I often run in to problems and either stay hungry or eat the wrong things.

Just for tomorrow:
    1. I'm going to try to squeeze in as much walking as I can while I'm out with my girlfriend tomorrow.
    2. I'm going to (hopefully) go to Costco and get an insulated lunch box, so I can bring my little tub of yoghurt with me if I go out on the weekend, and have my usual lunch (high fibre cereal and yoghurt)
    3. I'm going to eat at least 1400 calories. MFP gives me about that to lose 1lb a week, and it's okay to eat that.

Great thread, and I'm loving hearing everyone's goals. Good luck ladies and gents!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Not much sleep last nite, and those are the days when I get into trouble with my eating. So -- just for today ---

going to do at least 10 minutes on the ellipitical. I did this already, and would have loved to up this to 20 this morning, but just couldnt do it. So 10 is better than none, and better way to start my day

2. Try and stay within my calories, and eat healthy. Not grab comfort food just because I am tired.

3. Walk tonite for 60 minutes
    4. Get in at least 8 glasses of water
    5. Take a short nap instead of grabbing for food.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    !. Just for today I will drink 75 ounces of water.

2. Just for today I will do 60 minutes on the treadmill

3. Just for today I will listen to my body: eat when I am hungry, not out of boredom.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Just for today -
    - 1) I will drink my 8 glasses of water
    - 2) I will not eat after dinner.
    - 3) I will cook tomorrow's lunch tonight, so that I don't get stuck eating cafeteria salad bar, again, this week. (really not enjoying salad anymore)
    - 4) I will pack to give away all the boxes of cereal on top of my refrigerator because I know that sugary cereals are not good for me.
    - 5) I already had my 1 chocolate treat and that one was enough. (40 cal. godiva)
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Just for today...I will avoid buying candy.
    Just for today...I will drink my full bottle of water.
    Just for today...I will get at least half an hour of exercise.
    Just for today...I will log all my food and will stay within my calorie limits.
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    And just for today...I will not eat after dinner.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Good morning,

This is my first week back on in a while, so I'm actually doing quite well and have that "newbie" excitement. So it's kind of hard to do the "just for todays." Some of mine might relate to how I feel about myself instead of weight loss.

Just for today, I will hold my head up high and like myself.
    Just for today, I will treat exercise as a gift instead of as a chore.

Everyone enjoy the day!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member
    This is great. I am enjoying reading everyone's list. This is such a critical period, now through the holidays. I would enjoy joining in.

For today
    1. Log my food and record a deficit
    2. No alcohol
    3. Accomplish something this evening that moves my life in a forward direction.

Michele
  • SkFarmMom
    SkFarmMom Posts: 46 Member
    Oh! What a great idea!
    I'm being pretty good about logging and drinking my water but I stay up waaay too late (enjoying my quiet time once the kids are in bed) and then having no energy the next day...so:

Just for today...I will be ready for bed by 10.
  • mytime6630
    I also am enjoying reading everyones lists. Going to bed too late is my problem to - I stay up until after midnight. But when I try and go to bed earlier, I just lay there! But I love all the ideas you guys have - thanks for participating. Holidays are especially hard for me, having lost 4 siblings already and my parents, and I tend to gain a lot of weight. So I am hoping this will help me to not only lose those lbs, but maintain!
  • mytime6630
    losingrae wrote: »
    Good morning,

This is my first week back on in a while, so I'm actually doing quite well and have that "newbie" excitement. So it's kind of hard to do the "just for todays." Some of mine might relate to how I feel about myself instead of weight loss.

Just for today, I will hold my head up high and like myself.
    Just for today, I will treat exercise as a gift instead of as a chore.

Everyone enjoy the day!

Great quotes! Holding our heads up high, and liking ourselves is so important! Great idea!

• mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Well I'm super late but just for today I will log everything I eat, good or bad. Just for today I will drink half a gallon of water.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Just for today, I'm going to try doing this. Just for today, I'm going to drink a lot of water, and just for today, I will work out!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    No thanks but thanks for the offer.
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Just for tomorrow:
    1. I'm going to try to listen to my hunger cues, instead of just eating because there is food there
    2. I'm going to try not to stress if I only have a certain amount of calories left
    3. I'm going to stop berating myself if I fail
    Much the same as yesterday's and todays goals, but it's a constant process with me trying to feel 'alright' about getting near to what I'm allowed.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Just for today I will only eat what I have already logged. Just for today I will drink half a gallon of water.

Just for today I will actually remember my 'just for the day' commitment. :):p
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    I love this idea!

Just for today I will not drink my calories. Water/coffee/tea only.
    Just for today I will exercise for at least 30 minutes.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member
    Just for today

1. I will log my food
    2. Make an effort to drink my water
    3. Appreciate the body that I have been given and enjoy this beautiful day as it unfolds
  • mytime6630
    Just for today ...
    1. I will not let myself worry over things I have no control over, and use food as a comfort.
    2. I will work harder at drinking minimum of 8 glasses of water
    3. I will get in my walk tonite
    4. I will work to stay within my calorie limit

I am really loving to hear all the responses here. Many of the things you guys write makes me think about our commitments to a healthier lifestyle - no matter what the number on the scale says.
  • mytime6630
    mommyred35 wrote: »
    Just for today I will only eat what I have already logged. Just for today I will drink half a gallon of water.

Just for today I will actually remember my 'just for the day' commitment. :):p

I also love that this is "just for today". Somehow that is helping me this week as well!