Running shorts for men that won't get me arrested

2»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    The best shorts I have are these from Janji:
    http://runjanji.com/collections/mens/products/men-s-tanzania-2-in-1-running-shorts

I've also had decent luck with northface and nike shorts, both with liners. I wear Nike Pro Combat compression boxer briefs under them.

Generally speaking, look for something with slightly heavier material as it tends to hold its shape a bit better.

Nice, but wish there were a little shorter. I prefer ones that don't brush my knee; usually just below mid thigh but not as short as the seventies fashion nightmares. :s
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Wish I could trade my problem for yours......
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Brooks Sherpa 5" shorts
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    An
    digginDeep wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    You obviously are the bigger man...

Kinda what I thought... but who hasn't fished for a compliment or interest? Of course, we know that to support the vasodilation of the working muscle's arterioles, the carotid baroreceptor reflex essentially causes sympathetic vasoconstriction of non-essential organ systems' blood flow during stressful cardio exercise, resulting in [among other things] everyone's favorite 1-mile poop urge, and shrinkage in the fellas. But boy, those draconian decency laws. *Swoon.

How come that doesn't explain bench and squat wood?

Has been a while since human performance classes, but I believe we are talking about sustained, intense cardio triggering this- as sensed by the body from increased CO in the blood, and I think increased enzyme levels in skeletal muscle from mitochondria. Aveage person we are talking about that 'cardio zone', 150+bpm for sustained periods.

And all along I just thought it was because squatting was exciting.... buzzkill

It's one reason I switched to compression shorts on leg day. I get inappropriate in the squat rack from what I've been told.

I could see it being due to narcissism. Only happens when I'm at 80% of 1RM or higher. Figured it was due to BP increase during a lift.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Brooks Sherpa 5" shorts

I generally train in the Nike 5", but agree to disagree. I have 3" for most race days, and split leg in the bottom of the drawer if I ever marathon again.

When you get to those lengths does it really matter? I'm comfortable in the 7 because it hits above my knee and I don't feel any drag or anything past that. Do you actually notice a difference?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    ElliottTN wrote: »
    Brooks Sherpa 5" shorts

I generally train in the Nike 5", but agree to disagree. I have 3" for most race days, and split leg in the bottom of the drawer if I ever marathon again.

When you get to those lengths does it really matter? I'm comfortable in the 7 because it hits above my knee and I don't feel any drag or anything past that. Do you actually notice a difference?

5" is a good every day short. I don't think I'm fast enough (yet) to need 3" or split.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Based on OP's description of his problem, perhaps he should try a kilt. I am not sure even a 7" inch short would be long enough to do the job. Sounds like he has more bacon than the pan can handle.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    What about a jock?
    p15819566p275w.jpg
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    That might be like packing bowling balls into a marble bag....
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    This might work for him and his [training] partner?

1344013140-aceandgary.jpg

I'm starting to get the impression that you really REALLY want to be my training partner with your continued need to be funny post about my package. While I am flattered and all, I just need to let you know that there really isn't a "curious" bone in my body.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I really can't give you an honest opinion without seeing a video first.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    this thread needed a soundtrack
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Where do you live? Could I be your running partner... would love to see what you are talking about to better assess the situation. Strictly to help you babe.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Cigar cutter.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    I lurve this thread sofreakingmuch. <3 Carry on.