Crock Pot Cheeseburgers! (w/pics)

lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Let me start by saying that if you want a pretty dish, this isn't the one for you. This isn't pretty at all. It's a mess, but a good yummy delicious mess.

Here's the thing, I love McDonald cheeseburgers. I know, shame on me. I haven't had one in ages because, well, I needed to lose weight (probably because all I ate when I was pregnant with my daughter was McDonald's cheeseburgers :blushing:) And, I haven't had one recently (even though i'm pregnant), is because I just think McDonald's is not the healthiest thing on the planet and i'm trying not to weigh three gazillion pounds at the end of this pregnancy. When my friend Michelle gave me this recipe I got all sorts of excited because it's somewhat low in calories, it's homemade, and it's DELICIOUS! It kind of does taste like a McD's cheeseburger believe it or not! Here's the 411 on how to make it. Easiest recipe on the planet!

You will need:

1 1/2 Pounds Lean (96/4) Ground Beef
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Skim Milk
1 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Prepared Mustard (I did not use mustard because I HATE mustard)
1 Tablespoon Dill Relish
8 oz. Velveeta Light Cheese

Grab a skillet and brown that beef:

s220248227.jpg

Spray the crock pot with cooking spray and throw the beef in the crock pot:

s220248230.jpg

Add the Garlic Salt, Black Pepper and the Skim Milk:

s220248233.jpg

Add the onions on top:

s220248234.jpg

Then the garlic (the garlic is minced here, but I mince and freeze garlic for easy cooking so that's why it looks like that):

s220248237.jpg

Add the relish and Velveeta cheese (nom):

s220248243.jpg

Now take a spoon and mix it all up :bigsmile:

s220248244.jpg

Close the crock pot with lid and cook on high for 2 or 3 hours or low for, I don't know how long. Until all the cheese melts!

It will look like this, ugly. But it won't matter because it will smell good. You will forget about ugly.

s220248247.jpg

I didn't have any sandwich thins, but if I did, I would have used them. I did have hamburger buns, so I used that instead. I added some ketchup on mine. But you, YOU can add whatever you want! Tomatoes, lettuce, whatev!

s220248245.jpg

This makes 10 (1/3 cup) servings @ 181 Calories. Add a sandwich thin and you have a 281 calorie cheeseburger! NOM NOM NOM!

Enjoy! :heart:

Replies