Cholesterol/Blood Sugar/Thyroid Test

NessaReh85
NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
Hi Everyone,

This Friday I am supposed to have a blood test for my cholesterol and blood sugar. Last year when I did this test I wasn't on MFP and I wasnt watching what I ate and passed it with no problem. This year I am watching what I eat (as far as calories) but my anxiety has me worried that I will fail the tests. This test affects my insurance so I would like to pass them without an issue. I am cutting out soda completely and all candy starting today. If there any meals that I can make or foods that I can eat to help! I am just hoping to pass it the first time otherwise I have to schedule another test and will have to take a more potent anxiety pill and would rather not have to take the day off just to get blood work done.

Any & All help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    Okay, first they will probably do an A1C which tells average blood sugar over the last 3 months so stopping anything now really won't matter. If you've been watching your food intake and possibly have lost a few pounds then you will more than likely be fine. I will say you do need to calm down, stress does raise blood sugar and pressure...so take a deep breath and tell yourself you are on the right path to better health. I understand the insurance thing, just had to go through the same thing this past week.