Hello Everyone.

Hey everyone! My name is Heather and I'm from Florida. I'm 21 and have been on a diet for about two weeks now. I have managed to lose a little weight since Sept. by exercising and making healthier food choices.

My cousin was on a diet and exercise plan and lost 85 pounds and she inspired me. She has helped me every step of the way, supporting me and giving me advice. She also pushes me when I feel like giving up. I dont know how I would do this without her. It's nice to have people around who believe in you.

My dad is also very understanding, but my brother and my friends don't take it seriously and like to make fun of me for wanting to make a lifestyle change. It can make it hard sometimes, but I have to keep telling myself that I am doing the right thing and I can do it!

I hope to lose about 109 more pounds, and I am so glad I found this website! I was logging my food in a journal of my own, but this website help me with Calories and fat and everything. I also enjoy using the exercise log, as I love excercising and its good knowing how many calories I am burning.

I hope to meet new people and make new friends here. I hope that we can support each other through all this. Well thanks for listening and I look forward to talking to new people! :smile:

Replies

• Hey everyone! My name is Heather and I'm from Florida. I'm 21 and have been on a diet for about two weeks now. I have managed to lose a little weight since Sept. by exercising and making healthier food choices.

My cousin was on a diet and exercise plan and lost 85 pounds and she inspired me. She has helped me every step of the way, supporting me and giving me advice. She also pushes me when I feel like giving up. I dont know how I would do this without her. It's nice to have people around who believe in you.

My dad is also very understanding, but my brother and my friends don't take it seriously and like to make fun of me for wanting to make a lifestyle change. It can make it hard sometimes, but I have to keep telling myself that I am doing the right thing and I can do it!

I hope to lose about 109 more pounds, and I am so glad I found this website! I was logging my food in a journal of my own, but this website help me with Calories and fat and everything. I also enjoy using the exercise log, as I love excercising and its good knowing how many calories I am burning.

I hope to meet new people and make new friends here. I hope that we can support each other through all this. Well thanks for listening and I look forward to talking to new people! :smile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Hi Heather

Welcome to MFP & well dome for your weight loss so far :drinker: 14 pounds is a great accomplishment.
    I find that the people that don't take your healthy lifestyle seriously are often jealous because they cannot manage it themselves, they'll see how serious you are when they start noticing the changes in you as your journey progresses :bigsmile:

My hubby for starters used to tell me, oh go on, one biscuit won't hurt - yeah right! it does when he leaves the packet right next to me!!!!
    But, I'm pleased to say, even he is eating a lot more healthy now, and is even trying to lose weight himself!

Don't let these people drag you down huni, they will soon realise you mean business :bigsmile:
  • Hi Heather

Welcome to MFP & well dome for your weight loss so far :drinker: 14 pounds is a great accomplishment.
    I find that the people that don't take your healthy lifestyle seriously are often jealous because they cannot manage it themselves, they'll see how serious you are when they start noticing the changes in you as your journey progresses :bigsmile:

My hubby for starters used to tell me, oh go on, one biscuit won't hurt - yeah right! it does when he leaves the packet right next to me!!!!
    But, I'm pleased to say, even he is eating a lot more healthy now, and is even trying to lose weight himself!

Don't let these people drag you down huni, they will soon realise you mean business :bigsmile:

Thanks, and congrats on the 29 pounds.

I thought the same thing. It's not that my friends need to lose weight. It's just that they don't eat healthy at all. My best friend sounds just like your hubby. She is always like "Just have one piece of cake, it won't kill you," But I feel that I have worked too hard to give up now.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to the site Heather:drinker:

Lots of inspiration to be had here....easier to stay motivated by keeping track like you're doing and since you already have a love of working out....that's awesome! Kudos to your cousin for the support:heart: ....always great to know you have support when making life changing choices:heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.