Nothing tastes as good as fit feels....

mustloseweight2015
mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Read this quote somewhere. Haven't felt thin in sometime, but I remember how it great felt when I was thinner and more fit!! Trying to stay motivated to give up (reduce) tasty treats to eventually feel thin!!! :)
On that note, Happy Wednesday everyone.....stay on track!!!

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    edited October 2014
    I dunno...cheesecake tastes pretty awesome :D
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Nothing tastes as good as fit feels.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Nothing tastes as good as fit feels.

I like this one much more
  • mustloseweight2015
    YEAH....I like that one more too.....Nothing tastes as good as fit feels!! I'm officially changing the title of this tread.....if it allows me to....
  • mustloseweight2015
    :D Done....thanks!
  • I dunno...cheesecake tastes pretty awesome :D

Agreed!! Why can't I be "thin" (fit) and eat good tasting things?
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    If you want to get motivation for loosing weight, skip in front of a mirror.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Read this quote somewhere. Haven't felt thin in sometime, but I remember how it great felt when I was thinner and more fit!! Trying to stay motivated to give up (reduce) tasty treats to eventually feel thin!!! :)
    On that note, Happy Wednesday everyone.....stay on track!!!

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    You can still eat all the foods & lose weight at the same time. It's all about moderation.
  • mustloseweight2015
    I dunno...cheesecake tastes pretty awesome :D

Agreed!! Why can't I be "thin" (fit) and eat good tasting things?

I wish I could....cheesecake does taste pretty awesome. But that awesomeness lasts a few minutes, feeling thin/fit lasts forever!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    How about "Being fit is great. Food is pretty yummy too, but don't eat too much."
  • mustloseweight2015
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    You can still eat all the foods & lose weight at the same time. It's all about moderation.

That's true. However, I am not at that place yet. I often find myself going for seconds or eating large piece of whatever it is. For me, right now, it's best to stay away and then I can have a treat over the weekend or something. Hopefully some day I will be at a place where I can just eat very small helpings of treats and feel satisfied!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Moderation feels pretty good to me. I feel like crap when I sit around denying myself the things I want. You'll get there.
  • The irony if that quote was found in a fortune cookie
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Yeah I was fit once, but last nights pizza tasted better..lol
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Baby steps! My favorite saying is that you eat an elephant one bite at a time, no matter how large the elephant. This blog post might inspire you as it did me. Best of wishes to all on your healthy lifestyle change. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BombshellPhoenix/view/my-1200-calorie-story-705482
  • mustloseweight2015
    Moderation feels pretty good to me. I feel like crap when I sit around denying myself the things I want. You'll get there.

I hope to get there one day.....
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Good grief, I hate that saying. A lot of things taste better than skinny feels (just ask Jennifer Lawrence). For instance...cake, cookies, brownies, ice cream, pasta, fried chicken, cheese, french fries, etc. What's great is that you can be "skinny" (if that's what you want to be; I'd rather be strong, hot, and fit) and still eat all of those things. I certainly still eat those things and still managed to drop nearly 30 lbs. That quote is just pushing the completely false notion that delicious, high-calorie foods are the enemy and they're not. We can't blame food here. The food itself isn't the reason we get fat - it's the amount of it that we ate; it's our lack of willpower and our skewed idea of what a portion actually is.

I also hate the saying, "Eat to live. Don't live to eat." That's just stupid. We ALL eat to live, but we can enjoy food as well without being obese. Plenty of people manage to do this. It's when you completely deny yourself foods you love that you set yourself up for failure. Trust me, that Oreo is not the enemy - and it's effing delicious. Just don't eat the whole pack.

IIFYM. No food is off limits.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Cheese does.